Chapter 47

Penelope's POV

"Are you ok?" I ask Ruby who jumped off the sofa and looked at me. As her eyes connected with mine, they filled up with tears.

"Rue. I told you not to jump off the couch." I say picking her up off the floor kissing her tears away. Ruby had become increasingly emotional and stuck to my side with all the attention the new baby was receiving. I tried to divide my time and give them one on one time.

I loved my children and loved being their mom but I felt a little sad and lost sometimes. I felt guilty even admitting that I needed time for myself.

Azaiah is 3 months old today. I sit on the sofa as I give him his bottle. He looked just like Riley and Ruby as babies. His smile litt up the world. His sleepy face made me feel peaceful and his giggles were my highlight of the day. I saw Harrison in him by the big green eyes and pouty full lips.

Harrison has been in London for the last two weeks for business. Its been difficult by myself. I had a nanny that helped but it was still hard? I felt such a massive responsibility of having 4 children all so young. It was difficult to maintain any part of me and myself.

"Hi everyone!" Harrison says walking into the living room. "I came bearing gifts!" It was near bed time. They were gonn be too excited to sleep.

"You did?" Ashley yells running over as he dropped the game.

"First what is the rule?" Harrison says.

"Hugs and kiss." Ashley says as he hugged his dad. "Dad! I want my gift!" Riley yelled as he hugged and kissed.

"Im starting to think thats the only reason you guys so happy to see me." Harrison says as he hands them their gifts from London. He looked good. As always. Couldnt say the same about me. I have been wearing the same sweats for two days and a hoodie. My hair has been in a bun since last night and my lash extensions have all fallen out. If I knew he was coming today I would have made an effort maybe? Maybe not.

Ruby was still glued to me. "You didnt miss me?" Harrison asks. "Shes being grumpy." I tell Harrison. "I didnt know you were back today."

"I told you? Yesterday?" Harrison says looking at me. Maybe I forgot he told me. He picks Ruby up kissing her making her giggle taking her out of her mood.

"Go check out your gift." He says and she skips over. "God he has grown." Harrison says looking at Azaiah. Harrison sits next to me guiding my face to him as he pressed his lips against mine. His tongue slips in as he kisses me hard. As if he missed me. As if I wasnt sat here looking like a mess.

His hand in my neck, he breaks the kiss. "Missed my wife." He says. He even had a damn hair cut. I saw the fresh fade.

"I have a surprise for you. But after I put them to bed." He says kissing Azaiah who had fallen asleep.

"Come on. Tomorrow were going to the funfair so you guys need to get lots of sleep." He tells them gathering them around. He takes Azaiah from me as the rest hug me goodnight and follow their dad upstairs.

I could take this opportunity to get myself presentable or I could take a quick nap? Before I could even decide my eyes start drooping and I lay on the sofa.

I wake up in my bed the next morning. I didnt even hear the children or the baby monitor. I sit up and remember Harrison was here.

I get up and get myself in the shower. I slept amazingly. I cant remember having a full night sleep for a while.

I do my hair, straightening it out. I do my make up and put some earings in.

I decide to wear my high waisted jeans and a brown cropped top before walking downstairs. It was so quiet, it worried me. I check my phone as I find nobody.