Chapter 17

Penelope's POV

I look at the menu's Emily dropped off last night as I sat in the kitchen. Some fancy food nonsense.

"Shall I just rip them up and cancel the whole event?" I ask Simone and Lisa.

"Dont be so dramatic." Lisa chuckles as she took out the lasange out of the oven.  Harrison was at work and left early this morning. He didn't even tell me what happened. Emily did over text with a lame apology this morning.

"Maybe." Simone says. "I would have ripped it up. Actually I would have put her on the not allowed in list."

"How lame. This is why I hate these kind of things." I sigh. "I cant believe I roped myself in voluntarily."

"So shes going through a crisis? Possible ending of her marriage." Lisa says. "Lets be real, these girls that the only thing that is going for them so ofcourse they lose it?"

"Ouch." I say and Lisa chuckles. "Stop it, you are not part of this world. Your life does not revolve around social parties and Harrison?" She says and I sigh.

"You know what? It is true because I'm literally a mom and a housewife... I graduated from College with these dreams and things to do?"

"What were your dreams?"

"No idea? I studied English and Media in school." I say. "I just loved taking pictures of myself and reading books."

"Ah, every pretty girls dream." Simone says and I laugh. "I'm always relying on others for money. I need to find myself a career." I put my head on the table. I was having a crisis.

"Is this because your dad is coming to visit? And you didnt tell him your marriage is back on track?"

"I don't know if its back on track but he's here living back in this house." I say and Simone chuckles.

"Well if you want a job dont come after mine because I have a great job. Hanging out all day with you and Riley." Simone says smiling and I roll my eyes.

"Right? I complain too much." I sigh.

"Hello..." Harrison says walking into the kitchen as I shut my laptop editing the dinner menu's.

"Hey Harrison." Lisa says. "Hope you like lasange."

"I do." He says smiling. He was wearing his tailored expensive suit as he stood there. "Dinner will be ready in a little bit." Lisa says as she leaves to set the table.

"I'm gonna check on baby Riley." Simone says as she walks out.

"You're home early." I say as Harrison walks over to me kissing my lips bending down.

"Its 5 oclock?" He says and I look at him. "Usually you just get into bed and find out if I am wearing underwear or not."

"Well true." He says as he kisses me again. I look at him and smile. "You look good in navy blue." I tell him.

"Thank you." He says kissing me again pulling me up. "Harrison." I say as his lips were plastered all over me leading into my neck.

"Yes?" He says and he continues. I forgot what I was even saying.

"Okay okay." I say coming back to my senses. I fix his tie and look at him.

"Two things. Emily told me about what she did. Second, my dad is coming over for dinner. And third... why have you not even asked about your nephew?"

"One your friend came onto me and I send her home. Two what is with the late notice? You know that man hates me. Three, William is in San Francisco. He hasnt even met his child. How am I supposed to."