Chapter 57

Penelope's POV

"Well, I do not know about you but I am going home to my babies." I say getting up as I grab my keys and bag.

"Do you want to see the proposal for the Thompson event ?" May says and I shake my head.

"Tomorrow." I say. "My eyes hurt from staring at this laptop too long. Go home Maya."

"Okay okay..." She nags. My business has really bloomed the last year. How to get over heartbreak? Focus and put all your energy into something else that will consume you. I see why Harrison was a workaholic. Something insanely addictive about succeeding and having money come into your bank account that you worked for. I have planned about 50 events this year from weddings to birthdays to anniversary and baby showers/ gender reveals. The list was limited.

At the office, there was me and 6 other people on the team. We build a good team, dedicated and were always finding new ways to impress clients.

I walk out the building and head to my car where I drive myself home. I text Rachel, I'm on my way home. We came back from Miami last week. The kids stayed with Harrison 3 days and have returned to me again. Tomorrow they returned back to Harrison. Ashley is visiting London with his grandmother. I return Caleb's call as I drive home.

"Hey." I say as he answers.

"Hey." He says. "You alive?" He asks and I chuckle. "Im so sorry, I had a long day at the office. I am just on my way home now."

"Sounds like a busy day." He says. "How are you?"

"Im okay. Just tired. Going to give the kids a bath and put them to bed and put myself to bed." I say. "You?"

"Took Grace back to her mom. We went to the zoo." He chuckles.

"Thats so nice." I say

"Missed your voice." He says and I feel a peng of guilt. I havent been much of a great girlfriend to him. "You want to come over after I put the kids to sleep?" I ask him.

"You sure?"

"You can sneak out before they wake up." I say and he laughs. "Okay. I just need to finish some paper work. I'll see you tonight."

"Okay bye Caleb." I say.

"I love it when you say my name." He says and I laugh. "You are so annoying."

"Bye Penelope." He says as I end the call.

I head home and find the children in the living room playing with Rachel on the carpet.

"Hello everyone." I say. "Mommyyyy." Ruby yells as she gets up running over. Riley abandoned his toy and ran up too. I crotch down and hug them both. "Missed you both. How was your day?" I say

"Gooooood." They say at the same time. There was less than a year age gap between Ruby and Riley. Sometimes people thought they were twins but Riley was a little bit taller.

"How are you Rach?"

"Im good thank you. How was your day?"

"Busy. But we survived." I say and she smiles. Rachel has become very quickly almost like family. When Harrison has lost his goddamn mind and nearly killed me, Rachel was there and picked up the pieces. She was so good with the kids, they loved her. She was also able to continue working with Harrison to make sure the children had consistency. I felt at the beginning scared to leave the kids with him because of how quickly he was switching and used Rachel as almost someone to oversee. She was amazing.

"Azaiah is already in bed. He was tired, but the two squirrels wanted to wait for you."

"Youre a squirrel!" Ruby says as she hugged Rachel who tickled her.