Chapter 58

Harrison's POV

I wanted to go off and start yelling about how Penelope was having Caleb in her bed whilst the kids were in the house. But I thought I handled that maturely and without problems. I was happy we were co-parenting peacefully and didnt want to ruin that...

But fuck that Caleb guy for being in the bed I used to sleep in with the girl I am still inlove with. Shaking Penelope out of my mind was a hard task. Especially when she appeared in a tshirt alone.

I return from San Diego and have a day before I have the kids again. Stassie was adamant for me to come to Hawaii for William's birthday and surprise him with the kids. She said Penelope had agreed to come and I was a little excited to see Penelope and maybe spend time together.

I sit down in my session with Dr Moore.

"So you have admitted to yourself that you are still inlove with Penelope?" Dr Moore asks and I sigh.

"Yeah. So how do I get rid of it?" I ask and she chuckles. "Falling out of love isnt a normal thing?" She says. "Its not something you can switch on and off.."

"I need to switch it off."

"You can make a conscious decision that this relationship is over. You need to start moving on with yourself."

"I tried. Everytime I see her it just feels more and more intense."

"Its hard to stop seeing the mother of your child but can you limit it?" She asks and I nod. "Well..." I say shaking my head. "Im apparently going on a vacation with her and the kids and my brother and his kids."

"Okay.."

"Should I take Evelyn?"

"Will that solve your problems?"

"No." I say. She hasnt even met the kids... it would make things difficult.

"Okay. Maybe you need to remember what it feels like to have your heart broken? When she left. Do you want to experience that again and again."

"No." I say. She was right. It wouldnt happen.

"Why is Evelyn in your life Harrison?"

"I am not sure? I like her?" I shrug. "What do you like about her?"

"We have a lot of sex?" I say honestly. "Shes fun. Shes distracting me of other stuff. Shes a nice girl."

"Is it fair to use a human being as a distraction? Or a sex tool?"

"No..." I say. "But she doesnt pressure into titles and seriousness.."

"So what is she getting out of this?"

"Good sex." I joke and Dr Moore shakes her head. "Think about it honestly? Its not going to help your healing if youre using someone else as a coping mechanism or distraction?"

"So what shall I dump her?"

"No be honest with her." Dr Moore says and I nod. "Youre not going to better yourself as a human and better yourself in terms of your behaviour if you are just masking the issues.."

"Yeah. I know..." I say.

I felt like my sessions were helping with Dr Moore. I appreciated constructive criticism much more than I used to.

I spend the afternoon working before I pick up Evelyn from work to go out for dinner.

"Hey." I say getting out the car as she walks over.

"Hellooo." She says as she smiles at me. She had her hair pulled back, a dark skirt and a black top tucked into it. She wore high heels making her easier to reach when I lean in to kiss her.