Chapter 31

Harrison's POV

My mind was everywhere as I said bye to Ashley-James. I wish he did not have to go. He was amazing. He was a funny little kid and looked at me like I was a super hero even though I met him 2 hours ago. It was exactly how Riley and Ruby looked at me.

I couldnt believe I missed out on all of those years. Yet, I knew I could not blame my mother. I wasnt capable of a being a decent human being now you got forget about it a couple of years back. Especially at the age of 18.

I left the office that evening and have a call from William.

"Hey whats up?" I say

"Yoo." He says. "How did it go with my new nephew?"

"All good." I say and he laughs. "Only you have a kid somewhere in England."

"He has a British accent. Its funny. Hes so blunt too." I chuckle.

"Thats adorable." He says. "Listen do you know about the legal scam your ex-wife got running with her ex."

"She told me last night." I say. "She was drunk but she told me."

"Stassie had a fucking album printed of their pictures getting married."

"Shes terrible at keeping a secret." I say and he chuckles. "Yeah. She really is."

"Anyway. I'm going to see the kids. I appreciate you." I say. "Im having Ashley-James this weekend. Thought he could meet you and Christopher."

"And Stassie." He adds. "Were doing a BBQ this weekend. You should bring him."

"Is mom coming?"

"Yes."

"I will not be there. I cant deal with it. She made me miss out on how many years?"

"She just thought she was helping you? Come on."

"Whatever?" I say sighing. "Mom and dad are both in Thailand you idiot." He chuckles.

"Goodbye William." I say hanging up. I walk into the house finding Penelope sitting on the sofa holding Ruby who was crying.

"Whats wrong?" I ask as Penelope tried to sooth her.

"She crawled and then Riley dragged her back by her feet." Penelope says as I take Ruby kissing her face.

"Hey its okay." I tell her as she just laid her head on my shoulder.

"Did they have dinner?" I ask her.

"Yep." She says. "Cool. I'll bring them back tomorrow."

"What?" Penelope says frowning.

"Thats the arrangement or am I wrong?"

"You're being dramatic." She says frowning. She gets up and looks at me. She has changed out of the pink dress she wore looking like a barbie doll. She wore a cropped tshirt and high waisted leggings matching.

"Riley. You want to get your shoes?" I ask him as he runs out the room.

"Youre such an asshole." She says to me.

"Get a divorce. Then talk to me." I tell her.

"You know what? Screw you." She says getting up. "Thats your problem. You just want me to be this perfect little wife."

"No just need you to be not married to your ex and lie about it." I tell him. "I dont want to argue infront of the kids."

"So thats it. You just want to start your new family." She says and I frown.