Chapter 27

Harrison's POV

"Where are my babies?" Samantha says walking into my living room. It was like 8 in the morning. We came back from Cabo last night.

"They're at their mother's." I tell her opening the fridge getting out two bottles of water.

"Thank you." She says. "Its not for you?" I say taking the bottle back. "What are you doing here so early in the morning?"

"I came home for the holidays?"

"To my house?"

"I lost my keys to mom and dads? So thought I'd come here? But you got company?" She asks.

"I do. So get lost. Go to William."

"Hell no. Have you seen him and Stassie? I'll throw up, they're too much."

"What? You don't like Stassie?" I chuckle.

"I like Penelope. The girl that you divorced. William Stassie dont make sense. He is into girls that are crazy? Like Valerie. Not just a pretty girl who comes from poverty?"

"The pretty girl is now a millionaire with that other idiot since they started a tech company." I tell her. "Besides. He needs a little nerd. Now if you can excuse me..."

"Whose here?" She asks

"Shut up... varnish." I tell her.

"Hey..." Kiera says walking into kitchen. "Thought you'd disappeared."

"Oh. Hi." Samantha says.

"Hi?" Kiera says looking at Samantha. Great. She wore my shirt and thats about it.

"This is Samantha. My sister." I tell her. "I see some resemblance I guess?" Kiera says.

"Anyway, Lisa should be here soon. She'll get you settled in. William lives right next door, pretty sure Christopher is up causing trouble."

"You're a jackass." She yells after me as I guide Kiera out the kitchen.

I walk back into my room handing her the bottle of water.

Kiera sits back down on my bed and looks at me. "So thats pleasant. Meet the family? Were doing that?"

"Wasnt planning on this happening?" I tell her. So I've met Kiera a couple of weeks back and we have just been hanging out I guess. It wasnt anything particularly serious especially because thats not what I wanted.

Penelope and I actually going through with the divorce wasnt my plan but I couldnt control it anymore. It was just not happening I guess. So whilst now my free time was spent on the kids, I was busying myself with work. Coming home to an empty house was just not pleasant. I counted the minutes down until I had the kids again.

I never saw myself as a father? Or wanted to particularly be one. It was all just a new me I guess. Or the same me with just two little humans I'm obsessed with.

Kiera and the other girls I saw here and there weren't anything serious. It was more of a distraction I guess.

The less I thought of Penelope, the less it hurt I guess.

"Well Cabo was fun." Kiera says as she kisses my lips straddling my lap. She moves her blonde locks off her shoulder as she traced my lips with her thumb. "Even though it last for 2 seconds."

"When are you going back to Miami?" I ask her.

"Why? You trying to get rid of me?" She asks. I move her hair away and chuckle. "Not sure what were going to do because I have to go be with my family for Christmas."