Chapter 11

Harrison's POV

Thing were kind of happening in a weird blur the last few weeks. I was trying my best to be with Penelope, attend all doctor appointments and be a good husband and father to be. It was just difficult because I was stretching myself thin. I was exhausted because work was a lot. It was difficult to stand back and watch things. I was involved in too many work commitments and social events

"Hey." Penelope says as I get into bed. It was about 11pm and I was surprised she was up. She was sleeping so much it was insane. She was also extremely moody and would just tell me to stop talking. Sometimes she would tell me to sleep somewhere else.

It was insane. I was afraid to even breathe next to her in case I annoyed her.

"I think I am having contractions." She mumbles as she laid on her side with her eyes closed.

"Okay." I say not wanting to panick but my heart was racing. I look at her and she scruntches her face. "Oh no.." she mumbles sitting up. A few moments later she breathes out and looks at me.

"Penelope? I think we might have to go hospital?"

"They are 5 minutes apart." She says

"Oh my God. How long? Why didnt you call me?"

"Most men take time off before their wife's due date?" She says annoyed and I just sigh.

"Let me call fhe doctor." I say

"She said I need to come in." She says to me and I frown. "What? You could have called me."

"Oh my God. I cant do this..."

"You can." I say kissing her head. "Come on. What do you want me to do?"

"The hospital bag is in fhe car." I say as she screams out this time in pain. I hold her hand and just look at her. "You got this."

"I love you." I tell her as she just looks at me and nods. "Were going to be parents?" She says and I smile nodding. "Yes.." I say kissing her lips. Her long hair was falling down her shoulders. I move it out of her face and help her up.

I take Penelope to the hospital and I text her dad that Penelope has gone into labour. The doctor comes into see Penelope who was getting settled in and was still having contractions but she was almost there.

"Just a little bit left." He says as I sat next to Penelope who was drifting in and out of sleep or maybe consciousness?

Next thing I know, Penelope was pushing and I was trying my best not to faint as she squeezed my hand so hard as she screamed out.

I hear baby cries and Penelope starts crying as she laid her head back. I look at fhe baby who was wiped down and put on Penelope's chest. My heart was racing so fast I couldnt believe it.

"Congratulations and welcome to the word, your son." The nurse says as I watched Penelope just hold the baby.

"You should take your shirt off so you can have skin to skin contact with the baby." The nurse says as she looked at me. Penelope looks at me. "Yes." She says. "He is so beautiful..."

I take my shirt off and sit down and they place the baby on my chest.

"Hi baby boy." I say looking at him. He had a full head of hair. He had mine and Penelope's dark hair. I wasnt sure how to describe how I felt, but watching him lay on me and Penelope's happy face as she watched us.

"Wr have not even decided on the name..." Penelope says

"Hes so beautiful. I have a son? I am a father?" I say and Penelope laughs. "Ouch that hurts."