Chapter 54

Penelope's POV

Being married to Harrison was like riding through a storm because you are hoping for the sun to come back out, fill you with happiness with the rays of sunshine.

He disappeared and leaves as William storms after him. I sit on my bed and hold the baby monitor as Stassie sat next to me.

"I can't do this anymore." I say staring out. Is this what my life came to? I can't believe how I sit through storms every day but have to watch for a sunshine for 3 minutes that makes me believe that the storm is worth it.

"Penelope. Have some rest." Stassie says as she hugs me. "Emotions are high. We lost a friend?"

"I need a shower." I sigh getting up. "Thanks Stass." I say as she gets up too and I hug her.

I check on the kids and go to sleep. I wake up to feed and change Azaiah and then return again to bed. I struggled to sleep as I Harrison didnt return home after our fight.

I take the children to school and pick them up. We have dinner together and I answer a million times that I have no idea where their father is.

Harrison remained MIA for two days. The third day he walts in and spends the evening with the children before he puts them to bed. I ignore him through out and head to bed myself. This emotional torture thing I couldnt deal with.

I was suffering emotionally and I had no more time to think about Harrison and how poorly he is treating me. I cannot manage it and its turning me into a crazy person.

Since he is home, I decided to go and have dinner with my father and step mother. I got myself ready and put on a dress, heels and do my hair and make up. By the time I make it downstairs, Harrison was sitting in the kitchen with Ashley as they were making a bowl of snacks .

"Goodnight, Ill see you tomorrow morning." I tell Ashley who nods at me. He looks at me and then Harrison. He was old enough to feel the tension and awkwardness.

"Ash, can you take this to the movie room. Ill bring the rest." Harrison says. I turn around and grab my keys.

"Okay." He says taking the bowl of popcorn.

"Penelope." Harrison says stopping me grabbing my arm.

"Let go of me." I tell him softly. 

"I just need to talk to you." He says and I nod sitting down. I see my phone ringing and see my dad calling. I answer the phone

"Hey." I say

"Hey honey. Were running a little late because of the traffic. I am going to be there in an hour. Crystal's going to be there in 20 she is already in the city."

"Okay no problem. See you soon." I say hanging up.

"Who was that?" Harrison asks as he leaned against the wall.

"None of your business." I say. "Hurry up, I have a dinner to get to."

"Who was that on the phone?" He asks again. I think he heard my dad's voice a little because he was starting to be paranoid. He just did not realize it was his voice.

"Is there anything else you would like to discuss?" I ask and he just rubs his eyes. His mood has changed. I get up and Harrison stops me grabbing my arm. "Dont play games with me Penelope." He takes my phone off of me as I try to stop him. I take it back off of him.

"Harrison get off of me." I tell him as he hurts my wrists. My phone drops on the floor and he picks it up.

"Fuck it. I dont even care to know who youre talking to." He says smashing my phone against the wall. "Youre such a fucking nut job!"