Chapter 471

Jay's POV:
As I come downstairs to the kitchen to make me and Erin some lunch, I see that I am not alone in the kitchen. Maybe Gabby and Louie are hungry. "Seems like we both had the..." That's when I saw that it wasn't Matt...instead, it was my brother and he wasn't wearing a mask! "SHIT MAN, WHAT THE HELL!" Will then turned to look at me. "Jay, I thought I..." I then went to interrupt him. "Dude, put your mask on." Going to grab a mask from on top of the fridge, I went to cover my mouth before yelling down to Matt and Gabby. "GUYS, MASK UP. WE HAVE GUESTS!" I then did the same with Erin. "ERIN, PUT YOUR MASK ON!" Turning to look at Will...he could easily tell that I was not very happy at the fact that he was there. "What? I can't come here?"

I looked at him. "No, you can but...not without telling us. Dude, you work in a hospital and are more at risk to catch COVID." Will then looked at me. "Dude, I told you that this is my escape place from all the trauma I see on a daily basis in the ER. Why are you here anyways?" I then looked at him and was about to answer when I heard Matt come upstairs. "He did not just ask us that question." I turned to look at him when he said that and nodded. "Apparently, he already forgot." Matt just shook his head. "Will, you damn well better remember." Will then thought about it and just put his hand on the counter. "Oh shit..." I then nodded when he said that. "Your homes. I wasn't thinking. I just thought that I needed to get away after all the death and stuff."

Matt sighed when he said that. "How bad has it been in the ER recently?" Will sighed. "Yesterday, we lost about 6 patients per hour in the ER alone. So, basically...one every 10 minutes. Times that by a 24 hour shift...and you get almost 150 people on my shift alone. It wasn't a pretty sight and I just needed to get away guys. I get you guys are homeless but...I just need to come be somewhere neutral and quiet. Jay, I hope you understand because I feel like I am starting to get to the point where this is becoming PTSD." I sighed when he said that and started to understand. "Of course, that makes total sense man." Turning to look at Matt, I sighed. "I think we have one more bedroom downstairs. You okay with him down there? Erin's pregnant." Matt then sighed.

"Unfortunately, my case is more severe. I already got exposed to COVID...and we have twins and Louie. With him being African American....we would rather not take the risk considering it has been hitting that population much harder." Will nodded and understood. "Yeah, that is true. Almost a quarter of my recent ICU patients have been either African American or of African American descent. Jay, if you want me to try and get a trailer or something..." I sighed and shook my head. "Hey, of course not. You are my brother and I am not going to kick you out of your own family cottage. Did you get a COVID test recently?" Will nodded when I asked him that. "Yeah, we get tested on a daily basis. My last test came back negative." Turning to look at Matt, I sighed.

"Matt, I am going to leave it up to you. You have more people that can be put at risk if Will stays. You have the twins, Louie, Gabby and yourself. I would like to let my brother stay but...it's your choice. Are you going to be okay if he stays? And don't say anything Will...it's only fair." Will nodded and agreed. "If you want me to go get tested again...I will go do that right now and then I can come back." Matt then shook his head. "No Will, you can stay. I understand. Uhm...is there another bedroom upstairs Jay or is it just the other bedroom downstairs available?" I then smiled at him. "Will, you are upstairs with me and Erin." Will was confused. "Okay, why exactly?"

Matt then went to tell him before I could answer. "Because we have Louie set up in the other room. If we can keep him asleep while we have to wake up in the middle of the night to feed the twins then that would really be appreciated." Will understood. "Of course. That makes sense. How is he anyways? I mean, he lost his dad...he okay?" Matt nodded and smiled. "Yeah, because he has his daddy back in his life. Now, you go shower and maybe you can meet the twins for the first time after I make me and Gabby some lunch." I then went to look at him. "I am going to help you okay Matt? I am making lunch for me and Erin too anyways." Will agreed and then went to walk away to go take a shower. Meanwhile, me and Matt walked into the kitchen.