Date Night Part 5

An Hour Later when Matt & Gabby are done in bed:
Matt's POV: As I come out of the washroom after taking a shower, I smile since I put my sweats on. We already had our fun tonight and now, I just wanted to rest. If we wanted to do it again...we could wait until after supper. Going to grab my iPad from my side table, I went to sit down in bed so that I could check my e-mails. That's when I saw one come up that was advertising the fact that rooms were booking up for the 9/11 20th Anniversary events next year. I mean, that made sense...there was going to be a lot of people who are going to want to be there.

That's when I thought about something...maybe me and Gabby could take the kids there. Or maybe just us and Louie. I went to ground zero the week before our wedding and I regret not inviting Gabby. Sure, it was Boden who invited me but...she should've came with me. God, the idea of them going to New York City terrifies me yet...it also intrigues me because they deserve to know what happened that day. It's a huge part of their life and technically...it's still impacting their life right now. After all, we were still in Afghanistan fighting a war almost 19 years later.

That's when I heard Gabby come out of the washroom wearing a nightie. God that was such a turn on and I just smirked while shaking my head. Gabby obviously saw me shaking my head and was confused as to why I would be shaking my head right now when she looks that good. "Okay, what is wrong with the outfit that I am wearing?" I then looked at her. "I thought that we agreed that we would relax for a while. I mean that nightie is not exactly going to keep me calm." Gabby laughed when I said that and agreed with me. "I said until supper we relax, not after."

I nodded when she said that before feeling her get in bed next to me. Laying down close to me, I smiled as Gabby wrapped her arms around my torso and closed the covers. Wrapping my arm around her back, I went to kiss her forehead and smiled. "What are you looking at?" I then turned my head. "I was looking at rooms in New York City for September 2021. I wanted to see how much they cost right now. As the head of Firehouse 71, I am going to have to represent the Battalion that went there on behalf of the CFD in 2001." Gabby agreed with me. "I want to..."

I laughed when she said that. "Hey, of course you are coming. And maybe Louie. I am not too sure about the babies yet. They are pretty young and I am not sure if I want them to come with us. What are your thoughts on that?" Gabby then bit her lip. "Honestly, I am on the fence about that too. Would it really be such a bad idea if they came? If COVID is still around by then, then I might not be comfortable being a thousand miles away from them." I nodded and understood with her when she said that. "The twins will be 15 months by then. Is that too young?"

Looking at her, I sighed and went to kiss her forehead. "I am not too sure. We would have to talk about it. We also have to remember that we would be bringing Louie, who would be 3 by then. Can we really do 15 month old twins and a 3 year old in New York City? Plus, I am not going to be bringing them into the crowd." I nodded and understood. "I think that it should just be us then. We can go for 2 nights and be right back. Heck, we can leave late a night...go to the ceremony and fly back the same day if you want. Or we go for 2 nights." 

Gabby then sighed. "Can we not think about this yet Matt? I know we need to book a hotel but...we can do it another time. I am sure that we are going to be able to find something. We need to talk about it and see whether they are even going to have an event. I heard that they are cancelling the 2020 memorial." I nodded and agreed with her. "Yeah, I heard that too so...yeah, we can wait until we know whether they are even going to be doing it. By the way, we are going to get the kids vaccinated if they have one out ASAP right? I don't think we ever spoke about that."

Looking at me, Gabby laughed. "Matt, I am a paramedic...of course we are going to get them vaccinated." I nodded and agreed with her. "I thought that was going to be the case." I then went to lean down, kissing her slowly as we just held each other close. "You want me to order us some food for supper?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Here, let's look at the menu." Going to grab our iPad (again), I went to open it when I saw I had a new e-mail. Going to look at it, I saw that it was the new poster for the annual Battle of the Badges charity boxing match.

Of course for the CPD...they had Antonio. But for the CFD...they had ME?