Date Night Part 11

Matt's POV: After taking a bath with Gabby, I smiled as I came out to bed so that we could just rest with each other. Seeing her in bed using her iPad, I smiled when I came to lay down in bed with her. Laying down on my side of the bed, I went to grab my iPad when I saw that she was looking at some pictures of her and Shay. "Oh god, I remember that day." I then went to point at the picture that was on the screen. "What exactly happened that day?" I  smiled when she asked me that. "That was the day that me and Shay went to pick out your engagement ring."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Which one?" I smiled when she asked me that. "Actually, this ring here was all me. Nobody helped me pick it out because I wanted it to come from the heart. If you don't like it then I clearly do not know what you like." Gabby laughed when I said that. She then went to bring my wedding band to her lips before kissing it. "You know me better than anybody Matt. Please do not ever second guess your judgement when it comes to buying me gifts." I nodded and agreed with her. "By the way, I am going to say this again...she would be..."

Gabby then went to finish my sentence. "Happy for us. I know Matt, she is happy for us from heaven. I can just tell for some reason. We have this connection almost as strong as me and you share. Ours is stronger though because we have kids together." I nodded and smiled when she said that. "3 of the most amazing, beautiful children in the world. By the way, I am not going to take a shower tomorrow morning since we took that bath." Gabby then shook her head. "Uhm yes you are going to take a shower because we are taking one together for a bit of fun."

I looked at her when she said that and smiled. "May I ask what type of fun you are taking about Mrs. Casey?" Gabby then smirked as she looked at me. "I already think you know what type of fun I am referring to Mr. Casey." I laughed when she said that and nodded before going to lay down on my back. "To tell you the truth, that was probably my best proposal yet." Gabby looked at me when I said that and nodded. "By the way, about the Mrs. Casey thing...I am really considering adopting the title Gabby Casey." I looked at her when she said that. "What?"

Gabby then sighed. "I don't like not sharing the same last name as our kids. Right now...it's Matthew Casey, Louie Casey, Hannah Casey, Gabriel Casey and Gabby Dawson." I looked at her when she said that. "Well technically, you are already Mrs. Casey as my wife but...I understand what you mean. You mean professionally, you want to start going by Mrs. Casey." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Is that wrong?" I shook my head and laughed. "No, I would be flattered if you decided to use my last name on a daily basis. But always know you are my Mrs. Casey."

Going to grab my iPad again, I felt Gabby move closer to me and just lay down against my chest. "If I fall asleep in your arms, let me okay? I am comfortable like this." I nodded and agreed with her before going to wrap my arm around her back. "Then I am going to say goodnight and that I love you babe." Gabby smiled when I said that and then leaned up to kiss me softly. "I love you too." Putting her head on my shoulder, Gabby smiled as we held each other close before (eventually) falling asleep in each other's arms.