Date Night Part 1

Matt's POV: After finishing with our goodbyes, I smiled as me and Gabby made our way out to the van. Sure, it was hard to leave the twins overnight for the first time but...we needed it. After all that we have been through for a while, me and Gabby just needed some time to concentrate on each other without having to worry about the kids. I mean, without them possibly disturbing us. Of course we would always worry about them...what parents don't? It's what you do, you worry about your kids because you love them. Walking up to the van, I smiled as I went to put me and Gabby's bags in the back before looking at Gabby as she stood in front of me in her dress. "You look amazing in this dress."

Stepping close to her while having my hand on the door handle...I brought her close and wrapped my arm around her. Gabby smiled when I did that before going to wrap her arms around my head. Closing the sliding door, I went to put my hands on her hips and brought her against my chest while kissing her softly. "I swear, you have no idea how nice it is to just have it be us for a night. I know you thought that I was hesitant to the idea but...I need it. We need it every once and a while with your new job. You know that I am still worried every shift right?"

I nodded when she said that before going to push a strand of hair behind her ear. "Gabby, of course I know that. I mean...I am the man you love and you are always going to be worried about loosing me. However I can tell you right now that you are never going to loose me again. Babe, we are in this together for the rest of our lives." Grabbing her neck, I went to kiss her softly. "What are you in the mood for when it comes to food?" Gabby then smiled. "Either Italian or Chinese. Let's just drive towards the hotel and see what we come across okay?"

I nodded when she said that before going to open her door for her. "All that matters is that we are together." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. Going to get in the van, she looked at me while putting her hand out. "That is all I need for the rest of my life." I nodded when she said that and smiled at her. Stepping close to her, I went to kiss her softly before leaning my forehead against her. "Want to bring our bags and check in first?" Gabby shook her head. "I want to go eat first. You are looking really nice. And I am worried we'll get in bed at the hotel." I laughed and nodded. "Oh believe me, that is the plan for later."

Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Now, can we just get going? I am starting to get hungry." I nodded and agreed with her before going to run around the van so that I could get in. "Let's go find a nice Chinese place. I haven't had that in a while." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that, ready to go have supper together.

NOTE TO READERS: Sorry this one was so short, I promise that the next few are going to be longer!