Chapter 494

Jay's POV: After getting breakfast for me and Erin, I smiled as I made my way upstairs to see her  sitting in bed with Champ laying down next to her. Looking at her, I couldn't tell whether she was mad at me or if she was just grieving. That's when I decided to set the food down on the dresser we had in there. If I was going to be joining her in bed and cuddling up to her, I didn't want it to be while I was wearing sweaty gym clothes. Taking them off, I put them in the laundry before going to grab my sweats and putting them on without a t-shirt. (That might cheer her up).

Turning to look at me as she heard me close my dresser drawer, Erin just smiled. "Let me guess, you are hoping that you being shirtless might help with my grieving?" I sighed and looked at her. "I was hoping. I am not saying that you need to give with me being shirtless but...I thought I could do whatever I could do to help you grieve." Erin nodded when I said that. Going to grab the pancakes, I decided to close the door to our room before walking over to our bed. Going to give her a plate, I just smiled at her before leaning over to kiss her softly. "Here's breakfast."

Erin nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "Thanks." Going to sit down next to her with my plate in my lap, I went to rub Champ's head too and smiled at Erin. "Just curious, you aren't mad at me that I hid the fact that your mom died right?" Erin then looked at me when I said that and shook her head. "No...I am fine with it because I know that I never had a good relationship with her anyways. I mean sure...is it hard to know that all of our twin's grandparents are now dead? Of course it is. But she was never going to be a good grandmother anyways. So, I'm okay."

Going to cut up some of my pancakes, I went to take a bite and just smiled at Erin. "You never know though Erin. From what Matt says...his mom has become a very doting grandmother. Remember, your moms are both convicted criminals." Erin laughed when I said that. "God, that is crazy. And look who we both married? People with outstanding careers who are in the service of others. You are an intel officer with the CPD and your brother is a doctor. Gabby is a paramedic and her brother is an intelligence officer with the CPD." 

I nodded when she said that. "By the way, have you checked on any of our cases since we came up here?" Erin bit her lip when I asked her that and then blushed. "In my defense, we are the Heads of the Intelligence." Erin agreed with me when I said that. "By the way, I just got our latest case...well, I picked it. Antonio is going to work it from Chicago but we can work it from here." I agreed with her when she said that. "Mind filling me in on the case before we start it?" Erin nodded when I asked her that before getting up to get the files.

That's when I saw that she was just wearing her underwear. "God, you are such a tease when it comes to that." Going to grab our iPads, Erin walked over to me and went to give it to me. "Just to let you know...we are no longer using paper at intelligence. Everything is going digital." I agreed with her when she said that. "That's a good idea. Much easier to keep evidence that way." Erin agreed with me before going to open her iPad. Looking at the case, I went to read up so that I could know what was happening ahead of time. That's when I saw it was personal.

"Okay, we are going to be putting this case on priority. Sorry but this one is hitting close to home." Erin turned to look at me when I said that. "What's wrong babe?" I sighed and looked at her. "Who knows what are in these fake vaccines? What if it spills out and gets on the doctors? What if it kills doctors? That could be my brother Erin." Erin nodded when I said that and she could obviously tell that I was getting scared. "Hey, that isn't going to happen. Will is safe and we are going to make sure that we get these fake COVID vaccines off the streets ASAP."

Erin agreed with me and went to grab my hand. "You want to tell him ahead of time don't you?" I sighed and looked at her. "We can't? It's all classified information." Erin bit her lip. "There is an exception to the rule though. Remember, if it's to protect the public's safety...then we can break confidentiality. Anyways, we have to tell the paramedic chief at the CFD. That means that Matt will find out about it and share it with Gabby since he is the Battalion Chief at Firehouse 71." I agreed with her when she said that. "Yeah, and maybe Gabby can help us with getting info."

 However, Erin was confused as to how Gabby could help us. "How exactly can she help us with this case?" I then laughed. "Babe, Gabby is a paramedic. She knows a lot about drugs. In fact, I think she is more than just a paramedic...I think she had to go to a college and get a special degree to become the paramedic that she became." Erin then thought about it agreed. "We'll see okay?" I smiled and then went to kiss her softly. "Listen, let's just eat breakfast right now. Afterwards, we can star the case." Erin smiled and agreed with me. "Put a shirt on though."

I was confused when she said that. "Why exactly?" Erin then sighed. "Meeting." I agreed and then went to keep eating before I had to go put a shirt on for our first meeting since me and Erin took over the intelligence division at CPD.