Chapter 499

Matt's POV: Once we got the Zoom meeting set up, I smiled as I went to send out the invites using my CFD e-mail. I was just glad that we didn't have a limit on the people we could invite because it was a corporate account. Oh the benefits of being an employee of the CFD. That's when the first person joined our call. It was Acting Chief Delaney. "Well if it isn't my replacement starting this September." I laughed when he said that. "How are things there at Firehouse 71? Talk to me quick about it before everybody else joins since the people from 51 will want to..."

That's when I heard Hermann join the call. "Will want to see your twins. Uhm, yes please! Oh and just to let you know, I invited Cindy to join the call...she has been dying to see your twins too." Gabby laughed when he said that and agreed with him. "Well that makes sense. She is basically like their aunt." That's when Cindy joined the call and smiled at us both. "Well if it isn't the Caseys. By the way, hi Louie!" Louie then looked at Cindy and smiled when he heard her voice. "Cindy!" Cindy then laughed when Louie said that. "How are you Louie?" 

Louie smiled when he asked her that. "I good, I happy to see you again." She smiled when I said that. "I feel the same way. By the way guys, I am ready to babysit whenever you want." Gabby smiled when she said that. "We are going to hold you to that. Now listen, where is the other engaged couple. Oh and where's Cruz? I need to apologize for missing his wedding!" I looked at her when she said that and nodded. "Shit, so do I! I was supposed to be a groomsman!" That's when Cruz and Chloe joined the call. "It's okay guys...you had more important things to take care of. By the way Severide, thanks for calling us even though we are in Puerto Rico!"

Gabby then looked at Cruz. "What part of Puerto Rico?" Cruz then laughed. "We are in San Juan." Gabby then smiled as she went to grab her phone. She then went to open a list that she made and went to send it to Cruz. "What was that just curious?" Gabby then laughed. "A list of a few addresses that Cruz and Chloe have to visit!" Chloe was confused when Gabby said that. "Why exactly?" Gabby then smiled at me when she asked her that. "They are some of the homes that I personally help build down in Puerto Rico. Oh and the new hospital that is just opening!" Cruz agreed with her. "Then we will definitely go see what you did...after we meet the twins!"

We both laughed when they said that and agreed. "Well, they asked for it. Let's do it Gabby." Gabby smiled and agreed with me. Going to move the babies into the view of the camera, I looked at Gabby since she was holding Gabriel. "Okay, so this little guy over here is Gabriel Matthew Casey." All the girls on the call seemed to love the name. "Awh, that is adorable." We laughed and smiled before turning to show them our daughter whom I was holding in my arms. "And this little girl that is here in my arms. Her name is Hannah Maria Casey." 

Everybody smiled when I said that. "Oh, and I need to introduce you al to somebody else." Gabby then looked at me when I said that. "Who?" I then smiled at her. "Everybody, meet Ambo 61's new Paramedic-in-Chief on 1st Shift. Oh and Foster, we also need to congratulate you personally on your acceptance to Medical School!" Foster smiled when I said that. "Thanks Chief! And it looks like it's going to work out perfect for you guys considering this means that Gabby is going to be able to take my spot on Ambulance." I smiled and agreed with her.

Delaney looked at me when I said that. "Just curious, did Hatcher..." I nodded when he went to ask me that. "Yes Delaney, I already personally cleared it with Chief Hatcher. Don't worry about that okay Delaney?" Delaney nodded when I said that. "Sorry, just..." I nodded. "You are just doing your due diligence...I understand Delaney. But when it comes to Gabby, I am always going to make sure that I make sure everything is completely sorted out before I say anything like that." Delaney nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "Well, welcome to 71 Gabby!"

Gabby laughed when he said that. "Thanks Delaney." I then smiled when she said that while looking at Hannah as she cuddled up to me. Kissing the top of her head, I just smiled. That's when Cindy spoke to me. "So, what's it like to be a father to that little girl of yours Matt?" I then laughed when she asked me that. "I am scared to watch her grow up. That means she won't be my little girl anymore and then she'll get interested in..." I then struggled to get the last part of that sentence out. "...boys." Gabby laughed when I said that and agreed with me.

Hermann then decided to give me a little bit of help. "Don't worry Matt, you have 13 years before you really have to worry about that. Once the hormones kick in...then you have to get worried. Believe me, that's what's happening with our youngest daughter right now." Cindy agreed with him when he said that. "Oh god, yes. That is just ridiculous. I think she's on her 4th crush so far." Hermann was shocked when she said that. "I thought she was still on her 3rd crush!"  I laughed when he did that and just sighed while looking at Gabby. "Lord help me when she dates."

Everybody laughed when I said that. "Okay, now that we have the pleasantries out of the way...we actually have an announcement to make." Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled. Everybody looked at us when I said that, confused. Gabby then help up her hand and smiled at the new ring. "We are going to be doing a vow renewal either in the summer of 2021 or on our 5th wedding anniversary. We still have to figure that one out." Everybody hno0dded when Gabby said that. "We will all be there of course Gabby." I nodded when Delaney said that.

Gabby then bit her lip. "Guys, I really hate to say this...believe me, I really do. But, we will have to see what is happening with COVID. There are some relatives that I need to invite from Puerto Rico and Mexico so...if we are limited when it comes to spots, then we are going to have to be pretty selective. I hope you all understand."