Dead Man Walking

An Hour and a Half Later with the Winners:
Matt's POV: As I walked into the bedroom after taking a shower and getting dressed to take Gabby on a nice date, I smirked when I saw her wearing a tight dress. We won the competition in a landslide considering I am a father. I mean, why didn't he just realize that I was going to win. Plus, he owed us anyways for disturbing our date earlier. Walking up behind Gabby as she wore a tight dress, I went to grab the zipper for her and smiled as I went to do it up for her. "Gorgeous." 

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Hey, we aren't making a mistake doing this right?" I shook my head while going to turn her around in my arms. "Gabby, we won fair and square. We get to have a nice suite for the night in a nice hotel...with a nice supper date paid for by Jay and Erin. Gabby, sure we went on a date earlier but now...we get to have a nice romantic date alone in a hotel suite. And believe me that tonight is going to be amazing. A walk through town and a flashback to the night that led to us having the twins. I mean after a nice bath in the jacuzzi of course."

Stepping close to me, Gabby went to wrap her arms around my head and just smiled at me, kissing me slowly. "I swear, everything you just said makes this sound like one of the most romantic dates that we have ever been on...I am sorry if that is the case by the way." I laughed when she said that. "And it is also our first date since the twins were born. Oh and the first night that we are away from them. But don't you dare say that you aren't okay with that. We need it."

Gabby nodded when I said that. Stepping close to me, Gabby kissed me again while I went to wrap my arms around her back. "I love you and I am ready to have a night alone with you. It will give us a chance to really process everything that we have been through recently...and that is what we need Gabby. We need time as husband and wife to just think about everything that we have been through recently." Gabby thought about it and nodded. "What if the twins or Louie need us though?" I then smiled. "Then we are just a phone call and a drive away, I promise."

Grabbing her butt, I smiled as I held Gabby close. That's when I heard Louie. "Mamma looks pretty tonight." Turning around, I smiled as I went to wrap my arm around her. "Yes, she does. Now bud, me and mommy are going to be going away for the night. You okay staying with Jay and Will tonight? Daddy is going to take mommy to supper and then we are going to go stay at a hotel together." Louie nodded when I said that. Bending down, I went to hug him and smiled.

"Promise daddy that you are going to help Jay take care of your siblings okay? And if you need us, just ask Jay to call us okay? If you need us...we are on our way home right away." Louie nodded when I said that before going to walk over to Gabby. "Mama looks pretty." She smiled when Louie said that before going to hug him too. "And believe me when I say this Louie...you are going to have a lot of fun with Will and Jay." That's when I heard Will come into our room. "And I promise that Jay is not going to screw up. Remember, I am a doctor. I got this Matt."

I laughed when he said that and walked up to him. "And that is why I am so comfortable leaving my precious princess in your capable hands." Going to grab his hand, I went to hug him before going to whisper in his ear. "But if you hurt her, or leave a single mark on her perfect body then you are a dead man walking Halstead!" Will then let me go and was really nervous when I Said that. "I promise man, I am not going to do anything to hurt your precious little girl. Trust me man. I know how much you love her."

I nodded when he said that and smiled while walking over to Gabby. Wrapping my arm around her again, I felt her wrap her arm around my shoulder. Smiling at me, Gabby whispered to me. "What did you say to him?" I then smirked. "I just told him that if he hurts her or if there is a single mark on her...then he is a dead man walking." Gabby nodded when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "That is totally true." I smiled and went to kiss her again when I heard Erin walk in. Staring at Gabby, I could tell she was shocked. "Holy hot mama!"

Gabby laughed when she said that. "I have been working out a bit to get my body back. I want to wear these types of dresses for Matt whenever I can. I mean, they are short and really tight...on purpose." Gabby then smiled as she went to grab her clutch purse before going to put some lipstick on while sitting on the bed. Looking at her, I just smiled. "You do realize that some of that is going to end up on me right?" Gabby laughed and nodded when I said that. "Oh yes it will."

Getting up, Gabby grabbed her phone before walking over to me. "What do you think?" Looking at her, I smiled while going to wrap my arm around her again. "Babe, you look amazing. I am so impressed and very happy." Gabby knew what I meant when she said that. It was the appropriate version of me saying 'turned on' in front of Louie. That's when I looked at Louie. "How about you say goodnight to mommy and daddy bud? Then we are going to supper." Going to grab our bags, I smiled as I went to bend down. Louie smiled and came to hug me.

He then went to do the same with Gabby. Looking at him, Gabby kissed his cheek. "We will be back tomorrow okay bud? Just one sleep." He agreed and nodded when she said that. "I love you mommy." She smiled when he said that. "I love you too buddy. Now be a good boy tonight." He nodded and agreed as Gabby got up. Walking over to me, Gabby went to grab my hand and smiled while intertwining our fingers. "Let's get going." I nodded and agreed with her, smiling.