Chapter 28

OMG GUYS WE HAVE A NEW AND 100 TIMES BETTER TRAILER MADE BY AN ACTUAL COOL PERSON INSTEAD OF MY LAME SELF.

It was made by the awesome @arianataylor2939. You guys should get your trailers made by her cause she's super coolio and makes awesome trailers.

NEW TRAILER ON THE SIDE >>>

LUKE'S P.O.V.

She was Michael's girlfriend. That's all she ever was to me and that's all she should've been. Not a day goes by that I don't regret catching feelings for her, but not a second goes by that I don't regret giving her that kiss. I needed that kiss. That kiss was the most amazing thing i've ever experienced, even if it wasn't the same for her. I feel as if that kiss was what I needed to be able to get over her. I just needed to taste her, feel her against me and love her. She's so special to me. 

But then I realized that I was walking the streets of town, alone, kicking rocks, while Michael was probably cuddled up to her, whispering sweet things into her ear. I groaned before kicking a rather large rock and letting out a small squeal in pain. "Stupid rock," I muttered. There was a soft weeping coming from behind a tree. I peered over there only to see a blonde girl with her head in her hands, crying softly into them. I walked closer, slowly.

"Uh... hi, I'm Luke, i-is something wrong?" I asked. Well, duh, something is wrong, Luke. God, I'm so stupid.

She looked up and I was met with the gorgeous blue eyes of Nicole. "L-Luke?" She whispered.

"Nicole?" I asked,"What are you doing out alone and... crying?" The last time I saw her cry was when I rejected her, and that wasn't very pleasant. 

"Nothing. You wouldn't care anyway," She muttered softly.

"Nicole, we used to be best friends. Of course I care," I told her before sitting down next to her. She simply let out another sob.

"I-I'm sorry, Luke," She cried, "I'm so sorry for what I've done to you... a-and to your friends. I hate myself and I hate the person I've become. I hate all of my friends and I hate my parents and I hate my life a-"

"Nicole, stop it. I accept your apology," I told her. I didn't care if she had done all these terrible things to me, she was my best friend. Well, she used to be. Me and this girl have history, and we can't just throw it all away. 

"Really?" She asked as she peered up at me.

"Yeah," I reassured her, "Now, why are you crying?"

"My mom just left me and my dad and sister. She just picked up her things and left. She left a note where she said it was the best for us, b-but I don't know how that could be. I need her so much, Luke. I can't do this without her," She sobbed, the tears rushing down her face. 

"It's going to be okay, Nicole. You're going to be okay, just breathe," I whispered to her. She sobbed quietly into my chest as I hugged her. I tried listening to her soft cries instead of thinking about Skylar. It took a while, but she finally quieted down, and I think she fell asleep on my chest.

"Nicole?" I asked quietly, "Are you asleep?"

She hummed lightly, "I was, sorry." She got off of my chest and stretched out. "Thanks for talking to me, Luke. I really don't deserve it."

"Nicole, you and me were best friends for years. I... I've missed you so much," I confessed.

"I've missed you too," She whispered. I embraced her in a hug as I breathed in her scent. She wasn't using the same perfume as she did in eighth grade. This one was better. It smelled of vanilla. After a while, we pulled away, but Nicole stayed close. She held my cheek and softly grazed her thumb over it. I don't know what it was that I felt, but there was a spark in her touch that lit me on fire. All thoughts of Skylar left my mind as she stared into my eyes. 

"I-I still like you, Luke. It may be a mistake to tell you this, but I'm not 14 years old anymore. I can handle your rejection this time," She said. 

"I don't know what I feel. All I can say is that I feel something," I whispered against her. She was so close, I could feel her breath on my lips. Courage filled me and I closed the gap between us and her lips captivated me. There was something about how soft they were and how good she tasted. There was something about this that made me forget about Skylar and how sad I was earlier. 

"Sorry," I mumbled against her lips when she pulled away. 

"No no, it's fine. It's great, actually," She smiled. I realized that this was my chance at moving on, and I took it.

"Hey, would you like to maybe, uh, go and get some coffee tomorrow morning?" I stuttered.

"Yes, of course," She nodded.

"Okay, I'll pick you up at nine. Do you still live in the same place?" 

"Yeah," She said before standing up, "I should go, my dad is probably looking for me."

"I'll walk you cause it's getting late," I said as I stood up and grasped her hand in mine. I could notice the light blush on her face in the dim moonlight. I didn't know how, but everything seemed okay at that moment. Holding on to her felt like safety to me.

x-x-x

So, like, Luke and Nicole??? Thoughts anyone???

dID I TELL YOU GUYS I GOT A GIRLFROND? I'M PRETTY SURE I DID BUT I'M SO HAPPY AND YEAH

k cool

pLS VOTE

~Judith