Chapter 1

I walked through the doors of my new school. Billy Hughes was an academy that prepared its students for college. it was quite small but it was nice. I came here to start fresh. My braces got taken off, I got contacts, and I began taking care of my hair. I was a new person and I couldn't be more proud. A thought continued to haunt my mind, though. What if i'm not good enough for this school? What if it's too hard? What if I don't fit in? I might have just traded one hell for another. 

 I walked into the main office where a lady in about her late twenties sat at a desk. She had her dark hair tied into a ponytail and had pale skin.

"Hi, i'm new here. My name's Skylar Andrews." The lady looked up and flashed me a warm smile. 

"Welcome to Billy Hughes, Skylar, i'm sure you'll love it here." She said as she handed me my schedule and I mumbled a 'thanks' as I walked out of the door and towards my first class which was chemistry with Mr.Donald.

Chemistry. What a great way to start the day. Note my sarcasm. I made it to my locker and into class to see an empty chair next to a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was very pretty in her baby blue dress and and Mary Jane high heels. She was picking at her blue nails and humming along to some song in her head.

I took the risk and sat next to her. I normally wouldn't have done that in case she was a popular girl and didn't have time for losers like me. She'll probably make me sit somewhere else. That's what pretty girls do to losers like me.

"Hi, you must be new here. I'm Nicole." She smiled warmly as she turned to me. I immediately felt intimidated by her beauty and kindness.

"H-Hi, i'm Skylar." I stuttered.

"Ooh, that's such a pretty name!" She smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back, "So is it hard here?" 

"Well..." That's a yes, "It depends on how you cope with things. Once you grasp the concept it runs smoothly from there."

"Oh, okay. I'll try my best." Just then Mr.Donald walked in and introduced himself. We got right to the point and began taking notes and he told us we had a pop quiz on Wednesday. I thought it was a bit too soon, but this must be how this school is. Plus, I entered in the middle of the first semester, so that probably doesn't help. Class went on and after an hour and 30 minutes it ended. That was one long class!

 As we walked down the crowded halls of the school I asked Nicole about the schedule. She explained on how at this school they have a different type of schedule. You have your first four classes on Mondays and Wednesdays which are A days. Your other four classes are taken on Tuesdays and Thursdays which are B days. You take all your classes on Friday except for eighth which is "Advisory." Nicole says that it is basically study hall.

We made it into the lunch room and sat down with some of Nicole's friends. It was a girl with long brown hair and hazel eyes and two guys. One with brown hair and  green eyes and one with black hair and blue eyes. Nicole kissed the one with black hair on the cheek and sat across from him. I sat in the empty chair next to her.

"Guys, this is Skylar. Skylar this is Chloe, Mathew, and Andrew." She introduced.

"Hi, Skylar, it's nice to meet you." The one with black hair, Andrew, said.

"You're new, right?" Mathew asked.

"Yeah." I said

"Do you like it here?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah, it seems like a pretty good school." I looked down at the food I had brought from home.

"So, what play are we doing this year, Nicole?" Chloe asked.

"We're doing a Shakespeare one. I don't remember what it was called, all I remember was that the script mentioned something about a donkey head when I skimmed through it." She said, "I don't understand why we can't do a modern play. Who cares about Shakespeare? The guy's dead anyway."

At that moment I felt like slapping her straight across the face. Does she not see how amazingly wonderful Shakespeare's plays are? Especially A Midsummer Night's Dream which is probably what they're doing based on the very detailed description she gave. Note my sarcasm. My gaze traveled around the lunchroom. Polo shirts and loafers were everywhere. Skirts and pink adorned the girls. Light colors were everywhere making me cringe a little bit. I never truly liked soft colors. I prefer dark colors. Then I remembered I was wearing baby blue skinny jeans and a white tank top with a light blue jean jacket over it. I hate my new style, but if it means fitting in then it's worth it.  

My eyes then landed on a group of four boys who were throwing their heads back in laughter. One of them had blond wavy hair and had deep dimples and was very handsome. Another had jet black hair up in a quiff, one had blonde hair in a quiff, and the last one had black hair with blue on his fringe. He was cute, not like adorable cute, but attractive cute. He had eyes that were a mixture of blue, grey, and green along with pink plump lips. 

"Skylar! What are you looking a- Oh, them." The way she said them infuriated me, "Stay away from them. They're the losers. They listen to that disgusting satanic music. What's it called? Heavy metal? They always wear band shirts and are quite annoying. If you're seen with them you might as well be classified as one of them. They'll tarnish your reputation."

"Oh... okay." I said still unable to rip my eyes away from the blue-fringed boy. Why would she talk about them in such a cruel manner? What did they ever do to her?

I was one of them at my old school. A loser because I was different and I didn't fit in. But even though they don't fit in they're still laughing and seem happy as could be. How?

The blue-fringed boy suddenly looked my way. Our eyes locked for a few seconds before I turned my head to make it seem like I was interested in the conversation that was going on next to me. My cheeks began to heat up and I was sure that I was tomato-red by now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

The day went by and soon, school was out. I made my way out of the double doors but was distracted by a billboard. It had school clubs on it. My gaze travelled until it fell on 'Stage Crew.' I think that would be interesting. I really enjoy painting and maybe they need a painter. Below it was a note:

Stage Crew meets on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. There was no clipboard or sign up sheet, just the note. I guess I can just show up.

I walked down the street to the bus station and waited for my bus. It worries me since the street I have to go down looks really creepy and unsafe. I was pulled away from my thoughts as the bus pulled up and I got on.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I flopped onto my bed lazily. I was exhausted from studying and from P.E which I had earlier in the day. I changed into an oversized grey shirt and long socks that reached my thighs then layed in my bed under the covers.

My StepMom and StepDad weren't home. They never are. They spend their days at work or out at clubs. The only reason I know they're still alive is because every night they come home and continue their 'party' by drinking tequila leaving me to clean their mess each morning. I still don't see how they've kept their jobs since they probably have huge hangovers all the time. 

I realize how alone I am. No friends. No family.

Just me trapped in this hellhole they call life.

A/N: Hey guys!!!! :3 This was the first chapter. How'd you like it? it'll get better i promise!

It's freezing where i am. All i know is that it's below 30 degrees farenheit.

Well, bye! Vote, comment, like!!

~J