Chapter 8

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @UrMomsLuver

_______________________________________________________________________________

SKYLAR'S P.O.V

I walked into the auditorium and took my regular seat next to Nicole. They were, as usual, talking about the play. It amazed me how much they talked about that thing. They suddenly stopped when they realized I was there.

"Oh, hi Skylar." Nicole chirped.

"Hi." I said.

"So, um, I need to talk to you. Can we step outside for a little bit?" She asked as she stood up. I stood up and followed her out of the auditorium.

"What did you need?" I asked. I was nervous as to what she would say. Maybe she realized just how lame I am and finally tell me she doesn't like me.

"Travis thinks you're cute." She squealed in excitement and jumped up and down. I simply stood there and blinked, "What?" 

"He thinks you're cute and he asked me to ask you if you wanted to go out on a date sometime. So?" She smiled. I hesitated. Shouldn't he be the one asking me? At least that's what Michael did. 

"I don't know, Nicole. I'm not really interested..." I trailed off.

"Skylar," She said sternly, "You have a very high place in popularity right now and popularity is all about wanting more and more. If you go out with Travis, you'll almost be as popular as me. If you don't, he'll tell everyone how you were a bitch to him and you'll sink to hanging out with those four losers." She sneered. Was she blackmailing me? I didn't know how to respond. I wanted nothing more than to just walk away and ignore her and hang out with the four "losers," but that would lead to teasing. Endless teasing and mean insults.

"So basically what you're saying is that I either go out with him or I ruin my reputation?" I asked just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

"That's how high school works, sweet heart. He said he'll see you at the Topricana Caffe at seven tonight. Now c'mon let's go back inside!" She said happily as she dragged me back into the auditorium. I sat back down and just let my eyes wander around the auditorium. I throught about how stupid this all was. What was the point of popularity and why did everyone want it so badly? Why did want it so badly? It disgusted me, but I couldn't do anything about me or anybody else. I was dragged out of my thoughts when I noticed Michael's multi-colored hair as he made his way inside the auditorium and sat down next to his friends. I heard laughter from around me along with quiet murmurs. 

"Oh my God, look at that ridiculous hair color." Someone whispered. 

"What type of color is that?"

"I had enough with the green on his fringe."

"It's blinding." 

The whispers were all hushed but audible. They didn't seem to phase Michael and the rest of the guys, though. They were just laughing and whispering to each other. I wonder how they do that? How do they just ignore the evident whispers that are obviously about them? I would probably end up breaking down right then and there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MICHAEL'S P.O.V

"C'mon, Mike. Let's go out." Ashton whined but I continued to rapidly move my fingers on the controller and played my game. Ashton stood infront of the TV and put his hands on his hips. I heard the deep voice go 'Game Over' and sighed.

"Where do you want to go?" I said slightly annoyed.

"Let's go to the Tropicana Caffe!" He said exitedly as he pulled me up off of the couch.