Chapter 30

Last chapter, guys. I think I'm gonna cry :') Pls vote

I would think it's hard to see with a veil over my head, but considering it's white, I suppose it's different. I examined my covered face in the mirror as I smiled at how silly I was being. The veil had a small crown at the top and I felt like an actual princess. It flowed all over my face like white velvet as I examined myself a little longer. 

"Alright, quit fooling around and give me the veil, Sky," Martha told me as she took the veil and placed it on her head. She looked absolutely stunning in her white gown and perfect bun. After five years, she had finally met the right guy and they were getting married. Five years since we finally escaped Marcus, and four years since we decided to report him to the authorities. There was no way he could get to us now. 

In these five long years, I finished high school, went to college, and graduated this year. Now, I'm working alongside Dr. Jones, my old therapist. I decided to take a career in her field because of how much she helped. She helped me deal with things from back when I was still handling the Travis thing, up to the time me and Michael broke up. Him and the other boys finished high school and decided to focus on their music. Of course, I supported him through it all, but when they left to tour with One Direction, everything changed. The times they came back for break were short and he completely shut me out. He began to ignore me, treat me like I was lesser than him. It was like the fame had gotten to him. He was just another douche now. 

"Skylar, are you going to be okay with Michael and the others here? You know those boys are like family, and I can't just invite Ash. Luke. and Calum and not invite Michael. That would be rude," She said.

"I'll be fine. I'm over it," And I was. I realized around last year that Michael wasn't ever coming back and that he would never be who he used to be. The sweet Michael that I had met in junior year had vanished and turned into some 23 year old "punk rock" asshole. 

"Martha, are you ready?" A lady popped her head in through the door and Martha nodded furiously before turning to me. 

"Ready?" She asked. I flattened out my skirt and pulled it down a little since it was a bit too short before nodding. She took my hand and linked our arms as we walked through the door. The doors to the church were to our left as we prepared for the workers to open the door. "God, I'm so nervous," Martha squealed.

"Don't worry, you look beautiful," I assured her. On the outside, I seemed cool and collected, but on the inside I was screaming. It didn't matter how much I told myself I was over it, because seeing Michael again was enough to make me want to puke of nerves. I'll have to try and not let it affect me. My heart pounded as the doors to the church opened and we began to walk. The whole room became still as everyone stood and stared in awe. A small blush crept along my cheeks as we made it to the front. I left Martha with her beloved before taking a seat next to some boy with dyed blond hair. It took me a while before I realized that it was Michael. My breath hitched in my throat as the priest told us we could be seated. I was afraid he could hear the pounding of my heart as we sat so close together, the memories rushing back. I bit back my tears as I thought of how much I had lost with that boy. All of those memories were thrown into the trash when he picked fame over me. I remember all of those promises he made me. All the promises he broke, I thought to myself.  

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I watched the ceremony go on without sneaking a single glance at Michael. I noticed that Luke was here with Nicole. Their relationship actually blossomed wonderfully and Nicole told me they're getting married next year. At least I know Luke didn't let the fame get to his head. 

After what seemed like hours of Martha and Ray, her soon-to-be husband, staring at each other, the priest finally made them say their vows. I got a little teary eyed just watching how in love they were. The tears turned into sadness when I remembered how in love me and Michael used to be. I remember the first time I went to one of their concerts. It was in the Australian wing of the One Direction Take Me Home tour.