Chapter 2

A/N: Picture of Skylar on the side. It's Shailene Woodley. The girl who's playing Tris in the movie version of the book Divergent. If you don't know what 'Divergent' is, I strongly suggest you look it up. It's AMAZING!! >>>>

Edit: I now don't like Shailene very much because she's one of those "I'm not a feminist because I don't hate men" type and I retract anything I have ever said about her.  

Skylar's P.O.V

I walked through the metal doors of the school. It's my second day at this school and i'm still anxious as to how people will treat me. Nicole seemed to tolerate me, but my quietness might scare her off. So far i've heard them talk bad about so many people that I lost count. I would hate to be on their bad side.

As I walked into the auditorium I heard someone call my name. I turned to my left to see it was Nicole. She waved her hand and motioned for me to walk towards her so I did. 

"Hey! Come sit," She patted the empty seat next to her and I sat.

"Hi," I quietly said as I scanned over the five faces before me. It was Nicole, Andrew, Mathew, Chloe, and another boy. His eyes were seductive and I cowered under his stare. I didn't like the way he looked at me. His eyes lingered too long in all the wrong places. 

"Oh, Skylar, this is Travis, Travis, this is Skylar." She said introducing us. 

"Well, hello there gorgeous." He winked at me. Nicole beamed at me at me and I was confused. She didn't think I would like him, did she?  He had his brown hair up in a quiff and brown eyes along with a very defined jawline. He was handsome, but I didn't feel comfortable with the way he looked at me.

"Hi," I said simply. They began to have a conversation and I zoned out again. My eyes lingered along the rows and rows of seats until they fell on the group of boys I saw yesterday. They were talking about something when the wavy haired boy spoke up and they threw their heads back in laughter. I wondered what they were talking about. How were they so happy when so many people hated them? My eyes fell on the blue-fringed boy again. His plump lips were curled into a smile and his eyes shined. How could someone hate such a beautiful being? Just because he was different? I realized that what drew me to him was that he was different. He was unlike any boy i'd ever seen. Most boys don't have their ears pierced and their fringe dyed blue. I stared at him and admired his features until he turned and our eyes locked once again. I snapped my head back to the conversation to hear them say my name.

"Skylar, you should definitely join the drama club. The school play is coming up and I want you to try out so you can be with me when I perform." Nicole pleaded.

"No, that's not a good idea. I suck at acting. My cheeks will turn the color of tomatoes and i'll stutter like crazy." She laughed and nodded. 

"Well, then how are you going to be there for me?" She pouted.

"How about I join crew? That way i'm there the day of the performance to help you." I said.

"That would be a good idea but there's a slight problem." She looked over my shoulder and I immediately knew she was looking at the group, "They are in stage crew. No one wants to be in it with them so it's just them."

"I'll stay away. My only interaction with them will be during our meetings. I promise." I said, not knowing how much of a lie that would turn out to be.

"Alright, Skylar. Just remember that they're the losers and you're the popular. We don't mix." My eyes widened when she called me a popular. Me? A popular? How? I guess hanging out with Nicole was enough to boost up my reputation. I smiled at the thought of finally fitting in. After all, this was what I wanted, right? I couldn't help but wonder how much it would last. The bell rang and everyone scurried to their classes to get there on time. Right now I had calculus with Mrs.Taylor. The class was very hard. It wasn't that Mrs.Taylor wasn't a good teacher but that I wasn't very good at comprehending. She explained everything thoroughly, but when it came to doing the work my mind went blank and I didn't want to bother my neighbors by asking for help. No, i've been a bother too long.