Chapter 10

MICHAEL'S P.O.V

I made my way through the crowded hallways and up the stairs to get to my first class. It was something like science or chemistry or something like that, and I was dreading it. It was a pretty boring class and a bit easy. The teacher had a monotonous voice and seemed to be uninterested in the lesson sometimes. I reached the classroom and took my normal seat in the very back. None of my friends were here so I always sat alone. 

As class was a few minutes from starting, a girl walked into the room. She was wearing a black skater skirt and what looked like a Blink 182 shirt with a red and white plaid flannel over it. The flannel was unbottoned and looked a few sizes too big for her and the skater skirt reached a little bit above her knee. Black converse adorned her feet and her curled hair covered her face so I couldn't see who it was. She finally turned my way and I was able to see Skylar. Skylar. SKYLAR?! Why was she wearing that. I mean, she looked amazing in it, but I thought she was a pastel. Maybe she finally made her decision and chooses you? No, if she did this it is because she wants to, not because of me. I've been ignoring her and trying to make my feelings for her subside, and right when I think I'm going to forget her, she does this. I look down at my phone underneath the desk and pretend I didn't notice her. She walks down the aisle of desks and takes a seat a few seats away from mine, in the corner. I noticed the way people were looking at her, gasping at the sight of her. They expected to see Skylar dressed in pretty pink and other pastel colors. Well they were wrong and I was enjoying seeing them so confused. I turned my attention to Skylar to see her reading a book and chewing on her thumb. She seemed uneasy and tense. She never was one to have a confident posture, but her shoulders seemed to sag even more now. I noticed her regain her composure, probably realizing how bad her posture was. She crossed her legs and continued to keep her attention on the book. I decided to scoot a few seats closer to her, "What in the world do you think you're doing, Skylar?" I whisper/shouted. 

"Reading a book." Her voice had slight arrogance hidden behind it, as if she was annoyed with absolutely everything. 

"No, I mean what are you doing dressed like that." I corrected myself.

"This is how I Iike to dress, but I haven't been able to." She shrugged as if it were the simplest thing in the world and I was just stupid. I suddenly saw Nicole walk into the classroom and stride towards Skylar, "Why on earth did you break up with Travis for- and what do you think you're wearing?!" She screeched, 

"Clothes?" Skylar said it more like a question.

"You're dressed like them." She sneered as she looked at me.

"And what is wrong with being different, Nicole? Why is it so horrifying to not want to wear pretty pastel colors?" Skylar defended. 

"Well then you better get used to hanging out with these losers cause we are done with you." She snapped as she turned around and sashayed all the way back to her seat.  

"I don't expect you to let me hang around you after what I did." She cleared up. In all honesty, I was mad a her for taking so long to do this and for just confusing me even more. 

"Well I think it's a bit late for that too." I said as I went back to my old seat. I snuck a peak at her to see she was back into her book when the teacher came in. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dude, did you look at Skylar?" Calum asked me as we sat at lunch. 

"Yeah I saw her." I mumbled.

"She looked really hot." Calum smirked. 

"Calum, stop." I snapped,

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that you still had feelings for her." Calum teased.