Chapter 29

MICHAEL'S P.O.V

"Wait, I think I may have heard you wrong the passed five times that you've told me. You're going out with who?!" I yelled at Luke.

"We're just going out for coffee, Mike, chill," He told me as he continued to dress himself in his skinny jeans and VANS shirt.

"So, last night you kissed my girlfriend and now you're going out with Nicole?!" I yelled. The girl had made all of our lives miserable for that past four years and I couldn't believe he would even give her a chance.

"W-What?"

"Yeah, Sky told me. The only reason why I didn't go out looking for you to pound your face in was because of her," I mumbled, trying to not let my anger consume me.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about that. It was an impulse. I was drunk and sad and Skylar was there. I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry," He apologized. He had stopped putting on his shoes to apologize, but got right back at it once he finished. He clearly didn't want to be late.

I groaned, "It's fine. You're my best friend and I can't hate you over anything."

"Thanks, man," He said as he stood up and looked himself in the mirror, messing with his hair, "And about the Nicole thing: She was my best friend, Michael. You can't just expect me to see her crying in the middle of the night and not be affected by it."

"Actually, that's exactly what I expected," I mumbled as he walked passed me and grabbed his coat. "Whatever, Mike," He groaned. What's with this whole 'Mike' thing?

"I can't believe you're going on a date with the girl who we all hate so badly!" I yelled at him.

"Well believe it!" I heard a door slam. I groaned loudly before leaving his room to go into the living room. Suddenly, Luke came back inside, "Hey, can I borrow your truck?"

He grabbed the keys from the little hook at the door, "No."

"Thanks, man," He said as he left. All I heard was the roar of the engine and he was gone. What a douche.

"Why are you moping?" Skylar asked as she entered the living room, taking a seat next to me.

"Because Luke is a huge dick," I mumbled.

"Is this abou-"

"No, it's something different," I cut her off, "It's about the fact that Luke just stole my truck to go on a date."

"That's bad? At least he's moving on!"

"He's going on a date with Nicole."

"What?!" Her face suddenly turned into shock.

"I know. I told him not to go, that'd she was probably just going to mess with him, but he didn't listen. He never listens and he always ends up hurt," I rubbed my palms over my face and groaned.

"Well maybe this time it'll be different, Michael. Don't worry about Luke, he's a big boy," She smiled sweetly. God, that smile was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. There was something about the way her lips curled and her eyes lit up that made my heart melt inside.