Chapter 12

SKYLAR'S P.O.V

I woke up with a pounding headache and no pants on. I was confused as to why my head burned when I looked around and saw I wasn't in my room. Where the fuck am I? I groaned as the pain in my head intensified and my stomach started turning. I looked around and saw a door that I hoped led to the bathroom. I ran towards it and opened the door only to lean down and puke in the toilet. I puked for what felt like hours as it got to the point my throat burned. I finally stopped and stepped back as tears stinged my eyes. I washed my face as I groaned in pain from the throbbing in my head. I heard footsteps coming my way as I stood up from leaning against the sink. Michael suddenly walked through the door. I screamed as I tried to pull down my shirt to cover up my legs. He was shirtless with some sweatpants on. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You're in our house." He said.

"Why don't you have a shirt on and where are my pants? What did we do last night?" I asked frantically.

"You don't remember do you?" He said as he looked down.

"Not really..." I said.

"I knew you would forget," I heard him mumble.

"What? Forget what?" I asked.

"How much do you remember?" He asked me.

"Well I came over to celebrate finishing up the stage and then you guys started drinking and soon I did too. Then... then... I walked up to your room and I... you opened the door and we talked. I promised I would remember something. We..." Realization hit me, "We kissed."

He looked up and I saw a light pink tint on his cheeks, "We did." A small smile was on his lips as I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks. 

"So... do you regret the kiss?" He asked nervously.

I looked up at him and smiled, "Not really." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips to his. Our lips molded together as he pulled me closer to his bare chest. We pulled away as a giggle left my lips. This kiss made me happy in the strangest ways. I felt the urge to be near him and wanted to just keep him close so i could kiss him some more. We both pulled away and he asked, "What are we?" 

"Well... I don't know. We're not just friends that's for sure," I said.

"We should get to know each other some more. Like going on dates and stuff," He said nervously.

"I'd like that," I smiled as he pointed to his room where I finally noticed my jeans were folded on the nightstand. I raced over there and shimmied into my jeans so I could cover my legs as quickly as possible. This was the closest i'd ever come to being naked in front of a boy. I never thought I would actually ever be pants-less in front of a boy. 

"So... do you want to stay and eat some... lunch." He said. I realized as I looked at his alarm clock that it was one in the afternoon. It can't hurt to stay out a little later if I had already stayed the night. But then again it was Sunday and Martha and Marcus don't work today. They probably want me home.

"I actually have to go home. Um... how about we make a deal. I go home to see if Martha or Marcus are home and if they aren't i'll come back and eat lunch with you guys." I smiled as he nodded. He pressed a kiss to my lips and then I walked out of the door. I heard loud snoring coming from all of the other rooms which meant that the rest of them must have been asleep. I went downstairs and out of the door, into the car. 

Pretty soon I was parked in the driveway next to their new car. This only meant that they were home now. I got out of the car and opened the front door quietly as I heard them arguing in the kitchen.

"WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IF YOU CAN'T PLEASE ME? DO YOU WANT ME TO USE MY FUCKING HAND?" I heard Marcus yell. I felt heat rise to my face as I raced down the hall and into my room.

"WELL IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES FOR YOU TO BE FAITHFUL TO OUR RELATIONSHIP, THEN YES." Martha yelled back. 

"YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK YOU! I DON'T NEED YOU! I JUST NEED THE FUCKING BABY SO AS SOON AS IT'S BORN I WANT YOU GONE!" Marcus yelled.

"YOU CAN'T KICK ME OUT, I'LL SUE YOU!"

"OH REALLY? WHAT ARE YOU GONNA SAY? 'MY HUSBAND KICKED ME OUT OF THE HOUSE AFTER I GAVE HIM A BABY THAT WAS GOING TO BE USED TO KEEP A TEENAGE GIRL FROM LEAVING OUR HOUSE ALONG WITH HER MONEY!' Go ahead and do it! I'd love to see you try."

"MAYBE WE SHOULD LET SKYLAR LEAVE!" She yelled and it all went silent. I opened the door slightly to be able to hear what they were saying.

"You're not chickening out are you?" I heard him laugh, "I knew you couldn't do it."

"I can do it! I'm not some weak little girl." She defended.

"You're starting to get along with her aren't you? You're starting to view her as a daughter? It's that stupid baby of yours! It's making you get all sensitive!" He shouted.

"Just fuck off, Marcus! Please just leave us alone!" 

"Don't you yell at me you little shit!" 

"NO DON'T-" Her voice was cut off by a loud smack and a thump. This was when I decided to intervene. I ran out to the kitchen to see Martha on the floor as she held her cheek. 

"WHAT DID YOU DO? YOU'RE A FUCKING MONSTER! GET AWAY FROM HER!" I shouted as I pushed him again and again. He stumbled back but then pushed me too.

"Don't you touch me." He growled as he stomped all the way back to his room. I rushed over to Martha and helped her up. 

"Are you okay?" I whispered.

"I-I'm fine," There were tears in her eyes and they began to spill.

"We should leave." I said.

"Not now," She whispered.

"But Martha-"

"We will, I promise. Just not now. Tomorrow when he's at work. I have a day off." She interrupted.

"Okay." Was all I said as I lead her to the couch. I sat down next to her as we watched some TV. After a few hours of sitting there in silence I noticed she had dozed off. It felt strange to be helping this woman who swore she would never see me as nothing other than a piece of garbage. She's hurt me just as much as Marcus, yet I was still helping her. Well, I couldn't just sit there and watch as Marcus hit her. If there's one thing that I would never excuse it is a man hitting a woman. I was pulled out of my thoughts as my phone buzzed notifying me of a text message. It was from Michael:

So I'm guessing your step-parents were home :/

Yeah, sorry. Maybe we could catch lunch some other time. I texted back.

Tomorrow? After school? I could drive you home afterwards.

I'd love that :)

We left it at that as I went for two blankets from my room and put one around Martha, leaving the other one for me. I was about to drift off to sleep when I realized that Martha was pregnant and that sleeping on a couch would make her spine feel like it was snapped in two. I woke her up and guided her to my room, leaving the bed for her and the floor for me. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Bit of a suckish update I know and i'm sorry. Funny story by the way, I won't be able to update during the summer cause I won't have any electronics to update with so my next update will probably be in September. Sorry :/ I'll try my best to write something over the summer and somehow publish it.

~J