Chapter 20

IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE THE STORY:

I know this won't do anything to help the situation, but it's important to remember the lives lost to racist cops this year and every year before that. It's important to never forget people like Eric Garner, Mike Brown, Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice, Aiyana Jones (who was SEVEN YEARS OLD), Rekia Boyd, Yvette Smith, Pearlie Smith, and Gabriela Nevarez. It's not just black men by the way. It's black women too. It's important for us to realize how lucky we are to not be a victim of police brutality and it's important for white people to realize the privilege they have to not have racial prejudices against them. Let's all take a moment to look at the names above. Look them up, read about them. Know they exist. Oh, and if me talking about this bothers you then please don't read my stories. I don't want to have ignorant people supporting me.

Never let the Ferguson protests die.

Now here's the story :)

SKYLAR'S P.O.V

"So, that's all you remember about your parents?" My therapist, Dr.Jones, asked. I had just finished telling her about what I remembered about my parents: how they treated me, what they looked like, etc. "Yep."

"They seemed like nice people. So, on another note, did you do the exercise I told you last time?" She asked and a goofy smile spread across my lips. My stomach began to flip out as the thought of the day before came to mind. "Yeah." I whispered.

"Do you feel closer to him?"

"Yeah. "

"Why?"

"I don't know..." My walls were starting to come down again, uh oh.

"Come on, Skylar. Why?"

"I don't know, I feel like a new bond was created. Like, now we've reached this whole new level in our relationship. A level up." I laughed.

"And now, when you kiss him, do you think of them." We both knew damn well who them was. 

"Not really... only sometimes, but I can keep it under control now. I haven't freaked out since I saw you last week." I sighed, worried of when it would happen again.

"That's good. That's great, actually."

~~~~~~~~~

"Michael, where are you taking me?" I groaned as he dragged me out of the house and into his truck.

"Somewhere special." He said.

"You should've at least let me change so that I could look cute." I sighed.

"You're always cute to me." He pressed his lips against mine but they were gone before I could react. God, I really wish he wouldn't just peck my lips, it always just leaves me wanting more. 

"Well the point is to be cute for me." I said, but he just smiled and started the truck.

"You're so independent, I love it."

"I've always been independent." 

"Well I'm glad you still are. Now, put this blindfold on." He said as he pulled out a red bandana from his pocket.

"Is that one of Ashton's bandanas?" I chuckled.

"Shh, don't tell him I stole it." He said as he put it around my eyes. 

"Do I get something in return?" I said, completely blind now. His lips pressed against mine, but again I couldn't react. He's such a tease.

I heard him pull out of the driveway and on to the road. I tried my best to see if I could hear something like music outside or birds. Maybe that could tell me my surroundings. All I ended up hearing was the sound of Michael's stereo blasting Metallica. After what seemed like an eternity, I felt the truck and heard the music come to a stop. "Are we there yet?"