Chapter 5

A/N: IT'S 2014!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I HAVEN'T UPDATED SINCE LAST YEAR!! Pardon my lameness..

SKYLAR'S P.O.V

"C'mon, Nicole. You have to admit that they're cute!" I said as we walked down the halls of the almost empty school.

"I guess, but not Luke. He's an idiot." She mumbled.

"Why do you hate Luke so much? I mean you hate them all, but you hate him the most."

"I just do, okay? Now go get to your stupid club before I regret ever talking to you." She snapped. I rolled my eyes and began walking towards the auditorium. It was Friday which meant no school tomorrow! I was very enthusiastic for a break from this school. It's so stressful. I walked though the double doors to be met with the boys talking at the front of the auditorium. I walked up to them and set my stuff down. Michael and I exchanged small smiles.

"Hi." I said quietly.

"Hello, Skylar." Ashton winked. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Skylar!" Calum said before hugging me. I tensed up and didn't hug back. I wasn't used to affection. I didn't receive affection very often. He pulled away with a slightly confused face so I pulled on my best fake smile. I mean, can give affection, but to receive it is a whole different thing. My Step-parents have never hugged me or told me they loved me. The last sort of affection I got was when my mother hugged me the day before she died. That was about three or four years ago... wow. I did kind of receive affection from Michael. But I hugged him, so I guess that doesn't count. 

"Hey, Skylar." Luke waved to me. He was so shy. It was adorable. I don't see how Nicole could hate him the most.

"So, what are we doing this time, guys?" I asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had all finished our work for the day and were cleaning up. It was 5:50 right now. Me, Michael, and Ashton were left now. Luke and Calum have soccer practice at 6:00, so they leave early. I don't see how they have time for Stage Crew, soccer practice, and school. I barely have time for this and school. Ashton walked up to me as I sweeped up some wood shavings left. 

"Hey, um, Skylar, me and the boys are gonna go to this party tomorrow at this place. I-I was wondering if you, uh, wanted to go?" He asked.

"Oh, to a party? Me?" I asked.

"Yeah... You don't have to go, I mean, it's cool if ya don't. I get it. You're a Pastel and we're not..." He mumbled.

"No, no! That's not it at all! I was just surprised. I've never been to a party before." I said.

"Oh, well, there's a first time for everything right?" He chuckled. 

"Yeah... I'll go. What time?" I asked.

"Uh, at eight. I'll pick you up, yeah?" He said.

"Sure, give me your phone number and i'll text you the address." I said and he pulled out his phone and handed it to me. I typed in my phone number and gave him his phone back. 

"Thanks, I-I'll text you." He stuttered. 

"Yeah, bye." He waved to me as he grabbed his things and walked out of the auditorium. He was too cute. I liked his dimples and his smile could light up any room. I quickly finished sweeping up the wood shavings and threw them in the trash. I walked over to Michael who was stashing some papers into a file cabinet.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi." He said in monotone without even glimpsing at me.

"So... Ashton invited me to the party tomorrow." I said.