Chapter 16

NO ONE KNEW THE SONG. OH. MY GOD. No one knew that is was "West Coast" by The Neighbourhood. Great band, more like amazing. You should listen to them.

____________________________________________

SKYLAR'S P.O.V.

"Y-You want to run away? Now? To where?" I asked the crying woman.

"I don't know, Skylar. I just don't want to live with this man anymore. Please, I know you want to go as much as I do." She pleaded.

"You want to leave the town?" I asked in fear of her response.

"Well we don't have to. I've realized you're beginning to make friends which is really good. I'm happy for you. We could go to some cheap motel. Anything is better than here." She said. I thought about my options. I sure as hell didn't want to stay here, but I didn't want to waste any money on motels. Plus, Martha is pregnant, she can't be sleeping on some stone hard mattress in a sleezy motel. Maybe I could call Michael? No that's too much to ask of them. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

"I think I know someone who we can stay with, Martha. Let me just make a call really quickly." I told her before stepping outside and calling Michael.

"Skylar, is something wrong?" He's probably wondering why I'm calling when we talked like five minutes ago.

"Where are you?" I dodged his question.

"Me and the guys stopped at the gas station near your house to buy some donuts- shut up, Luke I'm trying to talk to Skylar! Why is something wrong?"

"No, its just... Okay this is really weird for me to say and too much to ask of you so if you say no it's okay and it will not affect our relationship whatsoever..... Can me and Martha stay at your place for a while?" I bit my lip as I heard silence from his side. Oh gosh I knew it was too much, I should have never asked. Oh God I'm a terrible person.

"Why?" He asked.

"It's too much to explain over the phone but, long story short, Martha and I are tired of my stepfather and want to leave him." I sighed.

"Well it's fine with me but let me just talk to the boys and I'll call you back, okay?" He said.

"Wait, Michael. I just want you to know that we can go to a motel. Its fine with us if the boys don't want us there." I told him.

"Okay, bye." He said.

"Bye."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek as I waited for him to call me back. The horror of how desperate and needy I sounded was eating me alive. I didn't want him to think I was weak. I hate it when people tell me or believe that I am weak because I'm not.

MICHAEL'S P.O.V.

"What did Skylar want?" Luke asked.

"Yeah didn't you just talk to her, like, five minutes ago?" Ashton chuckled as we put on our seatbelts. Ashton was driving as I sat shotgun with Luke and Calum in the back. I stopped Ashton from starting the car.

"Okay, it's serious talk time, boys."

"What is it?" Calum asked.

"Skykar asked if her and her stepmother could live with us for a while." I said.

"What why?" Ashton asked, clearly shocked at my words.

"Alright, I'm gonna tell you something really personal about Sky... She lives with her step parents, which you know, but her stepfather is very cruel. He verbally abuses her all the time and she even told me he hit her stepmother once. And she's pregnant. Can you imagine what kind of monster hits a woman, let alone one that's pregnant!" I explained. They seemed lost in their thoughts for a second, making sure they made the right decision.