Chapter 21

Castelle's POV

Tomorrow is my day off and the day where the three of us will go to the zoo. But instead of being excited, I am worried. Hayy.

I can't imagine what may happen tomorrow. Dustin doesn't want to talk with me at all. He is avoiding me too.

Uwaahhh!!

Nononono...

I'm going there with my little fella as well. For little fella's sake, rather than being worried about it, I should enjoy it instead with him. After all, that trip is for him.

A lot of things happened today!

The surgery is successful, I learned about Dr. Enzo's complicated love life accidentally. Yes accidentally.

Now, I don't know how to face Dr. Enzo again!! Mabuti na lang at hindi kami magkikita bukas.

And there's also my talk with Tita Anne.

Augh. I'm so tired.

I rolled over little fella's soft bed. Since I am all alone in his room right now.

Levi is having his night bath with his father, so I don't have anything to do at all.

Huminto ako sa pag-ikot dahil nakaramdam na ko ng hilo. Mas lalo lang akong napagod sa ginawa ko.

I stared at the ceiling habang naghahabol ng hininga. Saka ako dumapa at hindi malaman ang gagawin.

Then I remembered something.

That's right!

I will talk with my two little angels. Kung 7:30pm na dito, 7:30am naman sa Canada, ibig sabihin hindi pa sila nakakapasok.

I immediately get my phone on the bedside table and video called Aunt Madel.

After 5 rings, agad lumitaw ang mukha ni auntie.

"Elle. Good morning. Ayy evening na nga pala diyaan. How was the surgery? Ngayon yun hindi ba??" agad na bungad niya.

Well, from time to time ay nagkakausap kami ni Aunt Madel, she's always asking about my day, how I am, if I am eating well or sleeping well. Kaya nakwento ko rin yung tungkol sa surgery. I am so opened to her at lahat ay kinekwento ko sa kanya. Maging yung nangyari sa family reunion and sa bridal shower kung saan kinidnap ako ng aking ex-dad.

She is so angry the moment I've told her that to the point of wanting to fly back here. But I managed to calm her down. Thank goodness!

Isa lang naman ang hindi ko makwento-kwento sa kanya. And that is the father and son. Kahit na gustong-gusto kong ikwento sa kanya si little fella ay hindi ko magawa. That will only complicate things.

Pero kaming dalawa lang ang laging magkausap because whenever I called or whenever she called me, either the two angels are already asleep or they are still in school. After all, we have a 12 hours time difference.

"Yep, auntie. It is a success." sabi ko with a thumbs up, "Our department head doctor is amazing. All the veteran doctors are afraid of accepting that special case but not him. Though he is afraid as well, he still accepted it not because he is an arrogant man but because he wanted to try saving the baby's life with the best of his ability and he prepared a lot for that to be successful. I've learned a lot from him especially in the surgery earlier. I'm so glad because he chose me as his assistant among all the other doctors there." may halong galak at tuwa na pagkakasabi ko.

Like a child telling all of the things that had happened to her mother about her day.

She chuckled, "I'm glad to hear that. Pero Elle, that doctor chose you because of your ability, skills, and talent. You are outstanding yourself and he saw that in you. So be proud of yourself my child. You also did your best right? You are part of that success."