Chapter 42

Holding on is believing that there's only a past; letting go is knowing that there's a future.

-Daphne Rose Kingma

In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.

-Deepak Chopra

***

Third Person's POV

Dr. Enzo arrived 15 minutes late from the said time that he and Hannah agreed on because of traffic.

He parked his car in front of the fine dining restaurant and immediately spotted Hannah sitting next to the curtain wall.

Hannah is his ex-girlfriend who left him to marry another man. After five years, she finally decided to leave everything behind and chase back the man she truly loves and that is Lorenzo.

But Enzo loathes her because of what she did to him in the past and now to her child so he doesn't want to see her or even talk with her. But thanks to Castelle, Enzo finally decided to face his past and give her his answer. And now is the time for that.

But just the sight of her back from his car makes his heartache. He knew in his heart that he still loves her, he misses her so much that it hurts a lot to see her again.

In an instant, their memories together na akala niya nakalimutan niya na flashes in his mind like a film.

Can he do this?

At that moment, he wanted to run away. But if he does that, nothing will be resolved. This is now or never, for their sake, he has to do this.

He took a deep breath before going out of his car.

'Lorenzo, you're a man. You can do this.'

He closed his car and after gathering a lot of strength and courage. He finally decided to enter the restaurant.

His heart is being torn into pieces one by one in his every step. The short distance that they have feels like miles away that is so hard to reach. His steps are so heavy as if shackles were preventing him from reaching her location. He knew in his heart that the moment he reaches her will be the end of their story.

But like what he had said, he has to do this.

"I'm sorry, I'm late. Kanina ka pa ba?" he asked though he already knew the answer the moment he reached her.

He knew Hannah since they were kids, he knew that she always arrived on time. She's the kind of person who is willing to wait than to be waited on because she doesn't want to be the cause of delay or waste other people's time waiting on her.

Kaya naman mas inaagahan ni Lorenzo ang pagdating kesa sa napag-usapan nilang oras dahil gusto niyang mafeel din nito na may willing na maghintay sa kanya at hindi ito pag-aaksaya ng oras. Dahil ang hinihintay niya ay ang taong pinakama-mahal niya.

But this time, he arrived late pero hindi niya yun sinadya, if not for the traffic, he should be the one still waiting on her. So he guesses, the traffic also helps to avoid any confusion.

She nodded as an answer to his question, "But it's okay, I'm fine with waiting, especially when it is you. Actually, I'm quite happy because I am finally able to wait for you." she said with her sweet and gentle voice.

"Just so like you." Don't you ever get tired of waiting? "Have you ordered already?" He asked and sat across her.

"Mn. I ordered the same thing that we used to order in the past."