Chapter 39

Castelle's POV

After realizing that Dustin may help me with my problem, I immediately dialed his number while getting out of the fire exit towards my office. But I can't reach him at all. Is he at the meeting already?

"Please Dustin... answer the phone." I am so busy contacting him that I didn't realize the eyes that are following me until someone blocked my way.

I stopped and looked at her. I think she's in her late 30's.

"Y-yes??" I asked. She's wearing a patient gown.

"Ikaw... ikaw yung nasa balita hindi ba? Yung asawa daw ni Mr. Perfect?" tanong niya.

Matagal bago nagsink-in sa utak ko ang sinabi niya and when I did... I don't know what to say.

"Ikaw 'yun! Tandang-tanda ko, nakita kita sa tv kagabi." sabi nito saka ako kinatitigan sa mukha.

"Ah-eh..." I feel an intense pressure from her gaze that I averted my eyes from her and that's where I noticed the people here on the floor are looking at me from head to toe as if I am being evaluated.

Oh no.

"Ikaw 'yun diba? Diba?" pangungulit niya.

I don't know what to say. I am so speechless dahil unang-una nagulat ako sa sinabi niya, hindi ko inaasahan na hanggang dito sa loob ay haharangin ako at tatanungin ng tungkol samin ni Dustin. Pangalawa, may mas importanteng bagay akong dapat unahin ngayon. At panghuli, bakit hindi sumasagot si Dustin???

As I was struggling inside, someone answered in my stead.

He was none other than Dr. Enzo, looking so great and all. He looked like he just arrived in the hospital.

"Yes, that's her. She's Mr. Perfect's wife. But aside from being his wife, she is also a doctor here in CIMH. She has an important job right now, so if you don't mind ma'am, will you please excuse her???" the way he delivered those words is so gentle that the woman immediately nodded with astonishment in her eyes as if she saw an angel. "Thanks." then he smiled before looking at me. "Let's go?"

"Dr. Enzo..." I said with relief, then nodded.

"Great." I was surprised when he suddenly hold my wrist but before I could react, he already pulled me away from the crowd leaving them in total silence.

He only let go of me after we arrived in front of my office.

"T-Thank you." Sabi ko feeling so shy and all. "I don't know what to do if you didn't come and help me. You're a savior."

"Really?"

"Really."

He chuckled, "Someone will get jealous if they heard you say that to another man, you know?"

"Who?"

"Your jealous husband." then he smiled teasingly.

"Eh??? Dr. Enz..."

"I know you are feeling shy but you have to embrace it because you are now his wife. Be proud," he said and tapped me on my shoulder. "Anyways, he told me what happened at the entrance. He is worried that something like that will happen again here inside the building so he asked for my help. But he can ask me nicely, you know. But instead, he commanded me like I am one of his employees. That guyyyy..." then he shook his head sideways.

"He asked you to help me?" tanong ko.

"Yeah. He is really worried about you. Well, in the first place, it is his fault why all of this is happening. He exposed you, so he has to worry and protect you. Serves him right."