Chapter 34

Castelle's POV

I immediately covered his mouth dahil baka magising niya ang mga natutulog na.

"Ssshhhhh..." pagbabawal ko sa kanya.

He nodded saka tinanggal ang kamay kong nakatakip sa kanyang bibig.

"Yours and his... are just next to each other? Is that true??" hindi pa rin makapaniwalang sabi niya.

Tumango ako, "I just learned about it yesterday. Papasok ako ng unit ko at palabas naman siya."

"Wow. Now that is what I call destiny."

"Destiny who is playing with our fates."

"Maybe Destiny is doing everything it can to make your fates intertwined again?"

I poked his forehead with my index finger because of the absurdity of his speech, "Don't put your hopes up, okay? That is not the main topic that I wanted to talk about with you."

"Then what? And that hurts, by the way." He asked while touching his forehead that I just poked.

"He also saw Dustin and his son last night."

"Oh, I see. Tsk. Wait... W-HHHAAA??? MMMfffmmm." He said while tapping my hand that immediately covered his big mouth that is about to make a loud sound.

"Sssshhhhh... It's already late, you'll wake up the others okay? Everyone is tired that they needed to rest for the next day." sabi ko saka siya pinakawalan.

"So Ian saw them??? Why are they with you by the way? Kanina pa ko kating-kati na itanong yan sayo. So they really slept in your unit?"

"You knew how dependent his son is to me. So when he woke up without me by his side, he cried and asked to come to my place. His father brought him to me then, the same time where Ian is confronting me in the hallway."

"Wait... wait... wait... I am confused and have a lot of questions... but why is Ian confronting you? Confronting you about what?"

I sighed... do I really have to tell him everything? Can I trust this guy? I knew him as a chatterbox so I am not sure if he can keep a secret.

But since I need his cooperation...

"Last week... I, Dustin, and his son went out to the zoo..."

"You did? You are already going out together? That guy is really using his son to control you, huh?"

Hindi lang yun, sa kanila din ako nakatira. But if I told him that he will surely overreact again.

Anyways, hindi ko pinansin ang sinabi niya at nagpatuloy lang ako sa pagkekwento.

"Unfortunately, we met Ian and Cassie there accidentally. Good thing, Dustin is in a disguise at that moment so they didn't recognize him."

"Whattt??? Nagkita kayo? How come I only heard about this now? So that's why Ian is not in his usual self for the past few days. And then what??? What happened?"

"Well... they thought Dustin is my husband and his son is our child," I said while scratching my head.

"You lied to them?"

"It was them who assumed things on their own. So I have no choice but to go with the flow. Naisip ko rin na mas okay na yun para matahimik na kami pare-pareho. That's why I need your cooperation."

"You want me to lie to my best friend? No way."

"He learned about Dustin's identity yesterday."

"Ohhh... great. Much better. Knowing the identity of his opponent makes it easier to compete."

"Ethan... hindi niya dapat malaman yung totoo. That's why I need your silence."