Chapter 23

Maga-alas dose na ng tanghali at kasalukuyan ngayong naghahanap ng restaurant na makakainan ang trio natin ng may maalala si Castelle na sobrang importanteng bagay.

"Wait!" sabi niya na ikinahinto ni Dustin habang ang baby na karga nito ay lumingon kay Castelle mula sa pagkakasubsob nito sa balikat ng kanyang ama.

"Mama?" curious siyang tinignan ng inosenteng mga mata ni Little Fella.

"I forgot something... in the car," she said while scratching her cheeks.

"Again?" Dustin asked with annoyance in his tone.

"Yeah. Kaya pahiram ulit ako ng susi," sabi niya.

"Can't it wait until we had our lunch?"

"Nuh-uh," she said while shaking her head, "It can't."

Finally, Dustin turned his body to face her and a frown is visible on his handsome face.

"What?" he asked in an irritated tone. "Don't beat around the bush. Say it directly," he commanded.

She bit her already red lower lip while thinking of the right words to say so that she won't anger the already annoyed man in front of her.

"That's because it's our lunch."

Dustin just stared at her, asking for more explanation so she complied.

"Well, I want to make this memorable to Little Fella, and having a picnic lunch with everybody is part of that. I'm sure you haven't experienced a picnic lunch as well. So..." she put her hair that fell at her side at the back of her ear, "I asked Aling Rosa to prepare it. But unfortunately, I forgot it in the car, so now that I remembered it, I need to get that so we can have our lunch."

Dustin was taken aback after hearing her explanation. He didn't expect that Castelle will think of something like that in consideration of his son despite her busy schedule. She really thought of this trip well.

Though it looked like she's the more excited one ever since they arrived in the zoo and been looking forward to that 'picnic lunch' of hers than her son. He was amazed but didn't show it.

Castelle, who didn't received an answer from Dustin hang her head while trying her best to hide her shame and disappointment. But failed.

Of course, her changed of expression didn't escape Dustin's eyes who has been eyeing her intently.

She thought he will like her idea so she felt so dejected when he didn't say anything.

That means 'REJECTION' right?

Or so she thought.

"Here, make it fast," Dustin said and gave her the key to the car.

She stared at him and then at the key in his hand. Her brain is trying to process what is happening. She knew that her idea was rejected so why is he giving her the key?

"What? I thought you forgot something?" he asked.

Her eyes widened the moment she understood what he meant.

"Oh! Y-Yes. Then, wait for me here," akma na niyang kukunin yung susi ng biglang isara ni Dustin ang kanyang kamay at naipit sa loob nito ang susi. That made her stopped and looked at him with eyes full of wonder.

'Niloloko niya lang ba ko?' she thought and she felt annoyed because of that.

"I changed my mind. Forget it." Dustin said at nagsimula ng maglakad sa kabilang direksyon, iba sa direksyon na tinatahak niya kanina.

Walang nagawa si Castelle kundi ang sumunod. She felt so stupid para maniwala na papayag si Dustin sa kanyang ideya and to be happy like that only to be played by him. She also felt bad for Aling Rosa na siyang inabala niya para ihanda ang mga pagkain.