Chapter 9

It's been two weeks since I started living in the Yozon's mansion. Though Dustin gave me one of the guests' rooms, I'm still sleeping beside little fella most of the time because I felt uneasy leaving him in his room alone.

And those two weeks became a very crucial moment for Dustin's company as they were working on an important project. He became so busy to the point of having no time for breakfast and dinner in the house and most importantly to his child.

Madalang pa sa patak ng ulan kung makita ko siya sa pamamahay niya mismo.

Bigla kong narealize kung sino at ano nga ba talaga siya.

The one and only Mr. Perfect who is at the topmost part of the pyramid.

I now understand why Little fella became such a child. His father is a workaholic man who doesn't have much time to play with him and take care of him so he started looking for a mother.

But what I am most worried about right now is his health. He's angry at me when I am not taking care of myself, but look at him. He's overworking himself to the point of neglecting rest. Nag-aalala ko na baka one of these days ay katawan na niya ang bumigay at hindi na kayanin pa ang pagod at stress.

***

Crown International Medical Hospital (CIMH)

"Young miss."

"Carlos!" sabi ko saka lumapit sa kanya.

Carlos is the driver that Dustin assigned to me to drive me back and forth from the hospital to his residence and vice versa.

He is a good man who takes good care of me and treats me as if I am the lady he is serving all his life, just like in the dramas.

Nakatayo siya sa tabi ng kotseng nakaparada sa harapan ng hospital habang nakahawak sa pinto ng back seat na nakabukas.

"Sakay na po Young miss." sabi niya saka ngumiti.

"Oh. Thank you as always. Pero okay lang ba kung dumaan muna ulit tayo ng condo ko? May kukunin lang akong mga damit ulit."

"Okay lang po."

Every Sunday kasi ay umuuwi ako sa condo ko para magpa-laundry ng one week worth na damit na binabaon ko sa Yozon Residence at pagkatapos ay maghahakot ako ng new set for the following week.

Pero hindi ko nadala lahat kahapon dahil nagmamadali kami sa pagbalik sa mansion dahil biglang nagising si little fella sa kanyang afternoon nap. That's why, I need to go back there again today or else I won't have enough clothes to wear for the whole week.

Though Dustin and his people suggested na dalin ko na lahat ng gamit ko para hindi na ko pabalik-balik, ay tinanggihan ko.

Yes, all of them are so good and kind to me especially Dustin and that made me happy but also afraid at the same time.

I'm afraid that that kindness will turn into hatred someday. I know the feeling of being hated and abandoned by the people I love. And I don't want that to happen again.

Because of my childhood experience, I became afraid that good things will eventually turn into bad things. So I always put some boundaries and limitations to protect myself. Being attached to them so much will only make it hard for me to let go.

Right now, I am content with what is happening and what I have.

And that is for the better.

Pagsakay sa kotse ay agad kaming dumiretso ng condo ko saka kumuha ng ilan pang damit.

Agad akong tinulungan ni Carlos who is 3 years younger than me sa pagbubuhat ng mga gamit ko at inilagay ito sa compartment ng kotse. Pag-alis namin ay nagtaka ko kung bakit kami nag-U turn instead na magdire-diretso papunta sa Yozon residence.