Chapter 33

Chapter 32: Recap

Castelle joined the medical mission, and the night before their departure, she went back to her unit to pack her other things and sleep there because her coworkers will come in the morning to pick her up.

But she met Ian, her ex-boyfriend, in the hallway. And at the same time, the father and son appeared with the crying Levi looking for his mama that he rejected for the whole week. Ian met them and recognized the identity of Castelle's so-called husband.

***

Third Person's POV

Ian who was left alone in the hallway by his ex and her family was in deep shock after the revelation of the identity of the so-called husband.

He can't believe that it was none other than the Great CEO of the reigning company - the Yozon Enterprise - who is known as single in the public all these years and yet he actually has a hidden family of his own. And the worst is, the wife is none other than Castelle - the owner of Ian's heart.

How did the two end up together?

Are they really married?

Is the child really their son?

How long have they been married?

How come he only learned about this now?

There's a lot of questions popping up in his mind giving him a terrible headache but what hurts the most is his breaking heart inside. The woman that he loves with all his heart is now with another man.

Why did he let go of her hand?

Why did he reject her that time when he knew in his heart what kind of person she really is?

Why didn't he accept her?

Why did he push her away?

Now everything is over... Everything is OVER.

Then all his strength left him and his knees softened making him slide down on the floor with his back against the door of his unit. He was breaking inside that he wanted to cry but unfortunately, no tears are coming out of his eyes and he felt frustrated.

His mind is a total mess as well as his whole being. And the only hope that he is holding on to for a very long time now was going farther and farther away until it became beyond his reach.

He knew that he should be happy for Castelle.

She finally found someone who can accept her fully despite her past. Someone who can stand by her side and be her strength and shield. Someone who can protect her and who can love her for who she is.

But he can't.

That man should be him... he should be the one by her side, the one who is holding her hand but... because he is a jerk. A TOTAL JERK. He will never be that one for her. And that hurts him the most.

Then he wept in silence with his clenched fists that is punching the floor.

Then a moment after...

"Ian??? IIIIIaaaaannnnn!!!"

Ian raised his head and saw a familiar face of a woman in front of him with a worried expression. His heart immediately jumped as he recognized her.

The woman touched his face and wiped the tears in his cheeks, she is so worried about him as she felt his emotional pain.

"What's wrong? Why are you sitting here outside? Ian... look... I am so sorry about last time. Let's make up, please? You know I can't live without you. I love you."