Chapter 33 (Edited)

Some things can't be ignored. You can only conquer your past if you choose to face it. - Linda Wisdom

Tara clicked the save button and watched as another design became a success. She gave a contented smile and inwardly squealed with joy.

The weekend had flowed into a new week and things seemed to have started well.

A shining sun had replaced the bleak sky.

The lack of motivation Tara battled for many weeks had dissipated.

As she opened another page to create another design, the ringing of her phone interrupted her.

She picked up the call, and an excited voice echoed in her ears.

"Oh my gosh, Tara, can you believe what just happened?"

Tara sat up straight as different thoughts ran through her head. "What happened, Ali?"

"Try to guess." Alice giggled from the other end.

Tara thought for a moment. "Hmm, did you finally meet your prince charming?" She chuckled.

"Nah, unfortunately not. But I just might, given the news I got." She gave a joyous laugh.

Tara's curiosity grew. "Oh, come on, Ali, tell me what's going on?"

"Okay, fine." Alice laughed. "They have chosen me to represent the company in the annual accounting summit." As she spoke, her voice rose with more excitement.

"Oh my word, that's wonderful news." A grin split on Tara's face. "I am so happy for you."

"Thank you." She giggled. "And that's not all!" She squealed.

"Ahhh!?" She laughed. "Please tell me more."

"The summit is taking place in France!" She yelled. "You know I  have always wanted to go there."

"True! I am so happy your dream is coming through." Tara smiled. "You deserve it!"

"Aww, thank you, Tara. You deserve the best as well. Don't forget that."

Tara nodded and clutched the phone. "Thank you for the reminder, Ali," she said with a soft smile.

"Don't mention it. That's what I am there for."

Suddenly, voices filled the background on Alice's end.

"I will hang up now. When I get to the office, I will give you the remaining details."

"Okay! I will be waiting. Bye!" Tara said, and the call ended.

She smiled and said a quick prayer of thanks. She was glad that her family and friends were happy in their lives.

The pending design reclaimed her attention. However, the ringing of the intercom broke the silence.

She picked up the call and curtly said, "Hello, how may I help you?"

"Miss Tara, they need you in the conference room." The bored voice of the secretary filled her ears.

Tara's brows scrunched up. "Okay. May I know who is needing my attention?"

"Sorry, I can't tell you that. When you get there, you shall see," the secretary replied and cut the call.

Tara sighed as various thoughts rang in her head.

Why was she needed? She wondered.
There was no design presentation to make. So what could it be?

Has something gone wrong?

Her heart pounded as various negative thoughts filled her head.

Finally, after minutes of imagining different scenarios, she headed to the conference room.