Chapter 36 (Edited)

Time doesn't heal all wounds; God heals wounds.— Pete Wilson

Two weeks later...

The chattering of voices filled the Bullock house. The doorbell rang in the background.

"I am so glad you could make it!" Tara exclaimed with a huge grin as she opened the door. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Alice grinned. "You don't usually have a get-together in your house."

Tara smiled. "Please, come in."

The figure beside Alice drew Tara's attention, and she cast a quick look at Alice. 

Alice beamed and declared, "This is my boyfriend, Niyi Dada." She curled her arm around his arm. "And Niyi, this is my best friend and colleague, Taraoluwa Bullock." She gave a toothed grin.

"It is so nice to meet you!" He smiled. "Alice talks about you a lot."

Tara smiled. "It is my pleasure as well! Please make yourself relaxed," she added as she gesticulated to the refreshments table. 

"Yes, get a drink for yourself," Alice spoke up. "And could you please get me a glass of juice?" She asked him with a smile. "I will be with Tara."

He nodded with a smile and walked off.

The two friends faced each other and grinned.

"You finally got your prince," Tara remarked with a smile.

"Oh, yes, I did!" Alice shrieked. "The wait was worth it."

"I am so happy for you." Tara beamed. "Tell me about him."

A grin spread across Alice's face. "Well, he is a France-based accountant!" Her eyes sparkled. "But he is Yoruba. We met on the third day of the summit and we hit it right off!" Her smile grew bigger as she spoke. 
"Anyway, as fate would have it, he was supposed to come here after the summit. So we flew back together and here we are." Her face shone with joy.

"That is great!" Tara smiled. "So if everything works out, will you be moving abroad?" Tara asked but a hint of sadness welled within her at the thought of losing her best friend. 

Alice shook her head, and her grin increased. "That won't be happening because he plans to relocate back here!" Her voice increased and her eyes gleamed with happiness. 

"Oh my God, that's nice!" Tara relaxed and her sadness dissolved. "I hope everything goes well." She smiled. 

"I hope so too!" Alice folded her hands in prayer.

"I am sure it will. Just have faith in God." Tara smiled and Alice mirrored her smile. 

Niyi returned and handed Alice a glass of grape juice while he had a glass of apple juice.

Just then, the doorbell sounded. 

"Please, excuse me!" Tara told the duo and rushed off. 

She pulled the door open and her heart sang and she beamed.

"This is for you!" Philip produced a charming smile and stretched out a bouquet. 

Tara's cheeks turned red as she collected the bouquet of lilies. "Thank you," she whispered, and let the intoxicating scent drift into her nose. 

She wondered if she would ever get used to the love Philip showered on her. 

Her eyes flickered to the side. "Good afternoon, Sir!" She greeted Mr. Angelo. 

He nodded."How are you faring?" 

"Everything is going well, Sir," she muttered with a smile. 

"That's good!"