[12]

[12]
KITCHEN TALKS

Sam Wilson couldn't believe it when Alaska allowed him to meet Mila. His relationship with Alaska had been low-key and almost secret for years. She had never introduced him to anybody.

He watched as Mila sat quietly tapping her fake long pink nails against her coffee mug, a mug with a picture of her and Alaska on. Sam thought it was sweet that they were close, even though Alaska never really had a nice word to say about Mila.

"So I heard you started a new job? How's that going for you?" Sam asked making small talk between the three as an awkward silence lingered in the small kitchen.

"Oh- yeah, I work at the diamond premium club downtown" The black haired girl answered and Sam tensed up.

"Bucky Barnes Huh?"

Sam knew bucky all too well, they had been in a game of cat and mouse for years. The Falcon had been after the white wolf for longer than he can remember, arresting him countless times but never having a reason for him to stay. Bucky was untouchable at this point, his dirt was on everyone else's hands and not his own.

No daddy, Mila thought for a moment. But of course she couldn't say that out loud. She wondered why the chief of police would be friends with a strip club owner.

If only she knew the truth behind bucky and the empire he had created. More importantly the enemies he'd created over the years.

"That's my boss" Mila smiled slightly thinking of the brown haired man, his jaw line and those god made beautiful eyes. My god what she'd do for that man already, she knew something about him would stay with her heart forever and she barely knew him.

"I suppose you've heard all about him and T'challa then?" Sam asked and Alaska kicked the man harshly under the table as her best friend suddenly tensed up.

Mila hadn't heard that name in a long time. She'd almost forgotten it but as the name rolled off Sam's tongue her heart felt like it was about to burst open into a million shattered pieces.

T'challa, the only man she'd ever loved.

T'challa, the man who broke her heart.