[28]

28
HOW IT BEGAN

WILLOWCREAK HIGHSCHOOL
6 YEARS EARLIER

Mila was the apple of her fathers eye. Happy hogan believed he'd raised an angel, proud would have been an understatement. A straight A student even with her clumsy personality. He loved her with every bone in his body.

That was until she met non other than T'challa. Before him Mila would ride her pretty pink bike to school with her step brother Peter Parker. She would be home for dinner every night except Fridays when she stayed over at Alaska's. She and happy would make sure to go out for a father daughter dinner once a month, and Mila would always surprise him with a new comic book to add to his collection.

Everything before T'challa was fine.

For Mila nothing had gotten bad, in her eyes everything was perfect. She had the best boyfriend in the school, she was popular because of T'challa, he treated her like a queen. Nobody messed with her anymore.

Everyday now Mila would be picked up by him in his brand new convertible. Sometimes they even gave Peter a ride to school too.

"My queen" T'challa announced leaning over to kiss Mila softly, pulling away with a grin. "It's Friday, you know what that means" he smiled pulling out a small box from his pocket. It had become a tradition over their magical year of dating that T'challa brought Mila a new gift on a Friday.

"Plane tickets?" She asked slightly confused on why her boyfriend had brought two one way tickets to Brooklyn. "Spring break isn't until next month?"

"Run away with me"

Mila didn't even hesitate to agree to the plan. She would do anything for him, every bone in her body was dedicated to T'challa. The love she felt was so pure and strong she believed nothing could ever break it, her fragile teenage heart belonged to him.

This of course was before she met James Buchanan Barnes.

*********
A/N hello!

I was feeling some back plot for Mila and T'challa and the relationship with happy. Let me know what you think! I'm always open to suggestions and what you'd like to see happen next! Hope everyone is okay <3