[16]

16
FAMILY TIES

Now Mila Payne had been on many dates in her life but this one, she'd never been on a date like this one. A rooftop on one of Brooklyn's most expensive hotel and restaurant, Bucky had booked all of it for ultimate privacy, well Steve had booked it to be accurate.

The white wolf had Steve and some of his men guarding all doors and windows due to his current paranoia, other than that the pair were completely alone. Nothing but the sound of low traffic from down on the ground, and an occasional plane that flew by.

The rooftop was decorated with millions of fairy lights, glass tables with flowers on, and an ice bucket of complimentary champagne and water. Mila had never seen anything like it, she was in awe of her surroundings and the man sat infront of her. This was what rich people did, and Mila was no stranger to rich people, but not this rich.

"So" Bucky took a sip of his champagne looking at Mila intensely but somewhat lovingly. He admired the curves of her lips, her slightly pudgy cheeks that blushed in the dim lights. He had never seen anyone so beautiful. "Tell me about you, your family, everything... I need to know every last detail of you"

Mila giggled slightly putting her own glass down before leaning forward to talk. "Well where do I start?" She asked not even knowing how to explain her entire life over one dinner.

"Where's your family?" Bucky asked, he didn't like that Mila always seemed to be alone. He'd watched her enter a cab with a blonde girl a few nights ago but other than that she seemed lonely.

"My family is in Queens" Mila nodded thinking of her dysfunctional family and how she hadn't spoken to her father or step mother for years. Not since she left that is, there was no way of them contacting her other than her stepbrother Peter. "We uh- don't talk much, I changed my last name in anger to my mothers name and since then happy hasn't spoken to me"

"Happy?"

"Happy my dad, everyone calls him that" Mila shrugged lightly tapping her glass nervously. "And then theres May his wife, and her nephew Peter" she explained, Bucky wanted to ask where her real mother was but by the looks on her face he decided not too. "I moved here after dropping out of high school for some stupid boy"

"Stupid boy?" Bucky chuckled leaning back on his seat not even worrying about the 'stupid boy' in question. Not until Mila spoke his name that is. A surge of anger and confusion and realisation hit him all at once like a tidal wave.

"T'challa, but I haven't seen him-"

"We need to leave, right now"

*********
A/N
How about that for some plot twists!!! Bucky finally knows T'challa is after him what comes next?

Please feel free to comment feedback or random junk about this book I love hearing from you guys!!