[32]

32
BEST BROTHERS

When Loki Laufeyson was nine he got adopted. At first everything was fine, Mr and Mrs Odinson were overjoyed with their new addition to the family. Their son Thor however was not overcome with joy, he was quite the opposite.

Up until then Thor had been the apple of his parents eye, the son every parent dreamed of. A natural talent of football and straight A grades. Until Loki came along the family was fine.

By the time both brothers entered highschool Thor had peaked, quarterback on the football team, the head cheerleader girlfriend and the popularity of a celebrity. Loki however did not thrive at this time, he was quiet, reserved and didn't want the attention of others on him. As a result he found himself with a couple of weed dealers that hung around behind the bleachers.

Senior year rolled around and Loki was the best known ecstasy seller in the small town they lived in. He sold the top dollar stuff and had the world at his knees. That was until one Saturday night when he gave his brother a free taster.

Now when Thor crashed his car into the local pharmacy due to his high state and reckless driving, it was Loki who his parents blamed. Thor lost his title on the football team, he lost his girlfriend and everything else he had.

So you can imagine after this everything changed. Loki ran away shortly after Thor came around and told his parents who gave him the drugs, not only was he facing jail time for the damages to the pharmacy now he was taking Loki down with him.

The pair had never seen eye to eye, they were in a constant war for their parents attention and approval. Loki couldn't face going home knowing they knew what they did. So he ran away.

Up until that night in the hospital the brothers had not spoken. Not since Loki ruined Thors life, and got away with it. Leading them both into the life of crime they live today.

Just as Loki was about to inject Thor he had a moment of clarity, a moment to think about the many joyous times between them. Like when they used to camp in the back garden together on weekends and make s'mores, or when Thor learnt Loki how to ride a bike without training wheels. Or the countless amount of times Thor covered for his brother when he snuck out of the house.

So as he stood above his brother, he blinked slowly looking at the needle in his hand then looked back up, only to be hit in the back of the head with a fire extinguisher harshly. Knocking him unconscious to the floor.