[37]

37
LOOSE ENDS

From the moment Bucky saw Mila he knew something was special about her. He knew from that second their eyes connected he would do anything she asked of him. Bucky would give his life for hers, he'd climb mountains and storm deserts for the chance to keep her safe.

He often fantasised about their life together, a life where he was a normal man in a boring office job, she was a stay at home mother for the children they shared together. He imagined coming home from a hard day to those beautiful big brown eyes, met with a kiss and his dinner ready on the table. An ideal American working class home.

Bucky had never felt the feeling Mila gave him before. When they first kissed the eruption of love, lust and excitement filled his whole body, almost making him think it wasn't real.

Of course he knew this woman would bring more of a hinder than a help due to her past relationship with his sworn enemy. Whenever the thought of T'challa and Mila crossed his mind bucky felt an uncontrollable rage. Knowing that she'd been touched before made him want to slit somebody's throat. She was his babydoll now. Nobody else's.

"Sir...I'm sorry but are you listening?" The voice pulled Bucky from his thoughts to the table infront of him filled with thirty to forty men. All his allies, henchmen and dear friends. He'd called this meeting immediately after landing in Bora Bora.

"I'm sorry?" Buckys deep voice echoed the now silent room. His face forming a frown suddenly as he stood up pulling out his gun from his belt. "Who are you again?"

"Me-I'm-I" the panicked voice answered, the man was sweating now pulling at his tie nervously. "I'm a new recruit sir...I-I I work with Tony's underground team, I'm here on behalf of them"

Bucky just clicked his tongue walking around the table slowly swinging his gun on his finger. Everyone was tense, everyone's heart was going a million beats per second, nobody dared to move.

"Now I need you all to listen to me" Bucky began still pacing slowly around the long board room table. "The treaty between us and the King is broken, the war has began and we're going to make the first move" he stopped at his own chair sitting down.

"Everyone is to go home and continue business as usual, until me or Captain contact you were all going to pretend that everything is normal, am I understood?" Bucky asked, receiving only short nods or quiet mumbles of 'yes boss'.

"I have a plan, we're calling it operation kings guard, I'll get the papers sent out next week...your dismissed" And with that Bucky rose to his feet again walking to the door. He stopped suddenly turning around to the small man who had questioned him moments before.

"Oh and you" Bucky raised his gold plated gun shooting the small man right through the head with an ear deafening shot sound. The blood spattered all over the person next to him and the table but nobody flinched. "Don't ever fucking question me again"