[17]

17
SHE HAD NO IDEA

Mila could not understand why Bucky had made them leave so abruptly, they hadn't even eaten dinner yet. But the name T'challa seemed to change everything. She allowed Bucky to drag her through to the elevator of the hotel by her small hand, the cold metal of his own felt harsh and dangerous.

"What are you-"

"Shush"

The pair entered the small space and Bucky looked around quickly before pressing a random floor and waiting until it got half way, then pressing the emergency stop. Mila stood in utter confusion looking at the man before her as he mumbled things in a language she thought was Russian.

"Why did we stop"

"Give me a second I'm trying to think кукла"

Mila googled this as soon as she got home, like any normal person would when they didn't speak fluent Russian. He had called her doll.

"You have no idea do you?" Bucky asked quietly studying the tense confusion on Milas slim yet chubby face. She just stared back waiting for him to continue, Bucky sighed shaking his head. "We made a pact, a treaty"

"With T'challa?" Mila paused for a moment letting everything connect in her head. She knew her ex boyfriend was into bad things, she knew drugs were involved and suddenly felt stupid for not connecting the dots earlier on. How does a man get a state of the art working metal hand from running strip clubs in Brooklyn? They don't, men who deal drugs do.

"The black panther yes" Bucky nodded. "If he has the slightest idea your even working for me the treaty will be broken and then...well" he trailed off those last words imagining what would happen if the treaty was broke. "Well then all hell breaks loose and I'll probably end up dead and so will you"

"It's a good thing he doesn't know I'm working for you then isn't it?"

"Do you want to be just working for me?"

Silence.

"Or do you want more?"