[34]

34
STEVE

Mila didn't know wether to laugh or cry on the plane ride home. Bucky hadn't even bothered to come back with her, she hadn't seen him all morning after he left her alone in the hallway last night, flustered and confused. Steve however sat across from the girl reading his book, content with his own company.

"The art of war?" Mila asked chuckling a little, trying her very best to break the awkward silence between them. And trying to think of anything other than Bucky, or what the hell was going on back in Brooklyn.

"Calms my nerves" Steve replied softly glancing up at her then back down to the words on the pages. "Bucky sends his apologies, he has some important people flying out to the villa today...business stuff" by business he meant that there was a meeting about the black panther and his kings guard.

"Oh...it's not a problem, it's my fault really just dropping everything and leaving town" Mila said looking down at her thighs, her pink sundress sitting nearly barely covering her knees. This was something Steve chose to ignore, he didn't look at Buckys women. Never.

"How's your friend this morning? The one who's in trouble?" Steve asked finally placing his bookmark into his pages putting it down besides him, then folding his arms.

"I haven't heard from anybody yet, Alaska doesn't like hospitals so she's probably going through the motions" And Mila knew it was her fault that her best friend didn't like hospitals, it was her fault her friend was so traumatised by it.

"She's pretty" Steve grinned slightly feeling more comfortable around Mila. He couldn't show this side in front of Bucky or the others, he had to be strong, motionless, everything that a right hand man should be. "Not that you aren't pretty too"

"No she is pretty" Mila sighed with a small smile knowing steve clearly had a crush on Alaska. Mila loved her best friend with all her heart, she had no idea how opposite the feeling was on the other end. But Mila had always been naive, she fell in love with every man she ever dated and she fell in love with the feeling of having a best friend for life too.

"Come here" Steve said patting the seat besides him, the girl was hesitant at first but then realised it was okay when Steve pulled out his phone "Here" he said passing her one side of his headphones.

She placed the earbud inside her ear, steve doing the same with his opposite, letting the soft music of Mozart flood into their heads. Mila laughed a little too loud not taking Steve for the sort of man who liked Mozart.

"Shut up" Steve laughed lowly resting his head ontop of hers as Mila put her own head on his broad shoulder. This wasn't romantic, or anything of the sort. It was more of a friendly gesture.

And for the first time in the last ten hours she felt calm, content and happy that she'd made a new friend.

A/N
I got over my writers block ayooooo!
Also Steve and Mila are about to have the sweetest friendship! Hope your all enjoying it so far there's big chapters to come!

Question of the chapter is:
Who's your favourite character so far and why?