[20]

20
SHADOW

Steve Rogers was always in the shadow of Bucky, that's how he liked it. He never enjoyed being the centre of attention or the main ringleader of trouble. Steve liked the fact he never had dirt on his hands.

When Bucky suddenly announced he was taking Mila to his villa in Bora Bora Steve wasn't shocked. Usually when Bucky went on his trips for business or family matters Steve was left in charge to run things.

He knew Bucky was leaving due to the T'challa situation, neither of them knew if the treaty was broken at this point. And Steve was in just as much danger as his best friend, his name was on the treaty too.

The shock came when the white wolf ordered Steve to pack his bags and come along for the trip. Leaving somebody else in charge, probably Tony stark who hadn't shown his face in weeks due to him running a meth lab in the basement of one of the clubs.

Steve had to admit he hadn't seen Bucky like this over a woman before, but Mila was obviously an exception. He thought her friend who waved goodbye to them at the apartment blocks was much prettier than Mila though. He wished Mila would've invited her too, maybe then he wouldn't have to third wheel all weekend.

"Alaska" Milas voice flooded the silent car suddenly, Steve glanced over at her with a short smile. "Her names Alaska"

"Alaska" Steve said quietly to himself looking out of the car window, watching the street lamps fly past him with ease. The name Alaska repeating itself in his head, Steve thought it was a beautiful name.

**********
A/N:
Short filler chapter but MY GOSH WE NEEDED SOME STEVE ROGERS.

Also I've been so inspired recently yall better prepare for the upcoming chapters because it's about to get INSANE!