Chapter 11

Hudayfah looked up in surprise as the door to his office was flung open, and he watched as Rami sulked into the room, and threw himself in the chair across from his desk.

"What's wrong?" Hudayfah asked after a few seconds, and Rami glowered at him.

"Your sister! Ugh your sister!" he seethed through his teeth, and Hudayfah looked at him in amusement.

"What about her?"

"I hate her!"

"You do not."

"I really do Hud! I hate her with a passion!"

"Passion being the keyword there." Hudayfah said with a grin before turning back towards his computer.

"What are you implying?!" Rami demanded.

"That you love her." He said not removing his eyes from the screen. Rami's mouth dropped open, and he angrily kicked the side of Hudayfah's desk.

"I do not love her!"

"Fine you don't."

"I don't Hud!"

"Okay!"

"Stop it!" Rami exclaimed, and Hudayfah laughed.

"Hey you are the one who is dragging this out!"

Rami glared at him again, before crossing his arms, and staring out the window.

"Any news?"

Hudayfah ran a hand through his hair in agitation.

"No, and that scares me. Yesterday was a clear message. Who knows what they will do next? What are they waiting for?!"

"For Jen to be left alone?"

"That won't ever happen." Hudayfah snapped. "Someone will be with her all the time."

"Did you tell her yet that I know?"

"No, but we might have to tell her."

"That would ruin your whole happily married charade." Rami said teasingly, and Hudayfah sighed.

"Yeah well. Did you see the way Rana was glaring at me? She knows something is up."

"Just tell her. She can't keep her nose out of anybody's business." Rami grumbled, and Hudayfah shook his head with a grin before turning back to his computer where the pictures of his car were up. He enlarged one of them, zooming in on first the slashed tires, then the message on the windshield.

"This most definitely was not under Jamaal's orders." He said eventually, and Rami leaned back in his chair.

"What do you mean?"

"Jamaal isn't so sloppy. He wouldn't have them wreck the car, especially in such a public place, and when our drive could have returned any second. He would have them deliver the message in a classier way. My guess is he gave the orders to take us out, and they decided to get creative."

"You mean to take me out. Why would he want you gone? You're his personal bank account." Rami said simply, and Hudayfah winced, but didn't deny it.

"You'll just have to be more careful. We all will."

"You have to tell her Hud. You have to tell her everything."

Hudayfah shook his head.

"Not everything. But I will tell her enough where she will be careful." He swiveled his chair to look at Rami. "We can't leave New York right now. I hope she won't be too disappointed about not having our honeymoon in Egypt."