Chapter 26

The next day was one of the worst days of Jenna’s entire life. She hadn’t slept at all, not even a wink, and what bothered her the most, is that Hudayfah didn’t even stir to check on her when she normally would have had her nightmare. He didn’t move from his position with his back to her the entire night and it had hurt her more than she cared to admit.

He didn’t speak when they ate their breakfast, he didn’t speak when they packed their bags, he didn’t speak when they went in the elevator, when they checked out, when they got in the limo. He didn’t even help her out of the car when they got home, walking ahead of her. At least he held her suitcase, but that just might be because they passed by his men leaving while they were coming in, and he probably didn’t want them to know they were fighting.

“Hey! It’s the sort of newlyweds!” Emma exclaimed as they came into the house, and Jenna almost burst into tears at the sight of her sister, but she managed a weak chuckle.

“Salaam Emma.” Hudayfah said as he handed Jenna her bag, and Emma raised an eyebrow as he turned away from her.

“Walaikumasalaam. How was your night?”

“Great, I have business to do, I’ll see you at dinner.” He said in Jenna’s direction, before he headed towards the stairs. Jenna put her bag down with a sigh, and headed towards the kitchen, Emma following.

“Hey Jen, what’s the name of Hud’s cousin?” Emma asked, and Jenna raised an eyebrow.

“Now he’s Hud?”

Emma shrugged.

“Why not? He is my brother now. Don’t tell me you still call him Hudayfah? At least you must have a pet name for him with all those darlings he throws out!”

Jenna didn’t say anything, reaching for a glass and filling it with water.

No she didn’t have a pet name for him, and she wondered if it bothered him.

“Which cousin are you talking about? The girls?”

Emma waved her hand.

“Please why would I be asking about them? No offense or anything, they are very sweet. I’m talking about the guy.”

“Jafar or Ali?”

“Okay which one is the quiet one?”

“That’s Jafar.”

“How old is he?”

“Twenty five.”

“What’s he do for a living?”

“Um I think he’s a pharmacist.”

“Is he married?”

“No,” Jenna’s eyes narrowed as she lowered her glass. “Why?”

Emma grinned.

“He’s kind of sexy.”

“Emma!” Jenna exclaimed, and her sister laughed.

“What!? He’s got that tall, dark, handsome, brooding thing going. He’s like a real life Mr. Darcy!”

Yeah if Mr. Darcy was potentially a double crosser.

“Stay away Em.” Jenna warned, and Emma frowned.

“What it’s not like I was going to throw myself at him. Give me some credit Jenna.”

Jenna sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

“Emma, that’s not what I was implying at all. I promise you.”