Chapter 40

Sorry for any mistakes! Hope you enjoy it! Stay awesome :)

As the sound of a key in the front door reached her ears, Rana bolted up from where she had fallen asleep on the couch, and as Rami came into view, she rushed towards him, throwing her arms around his neck.

"Oh habibi!" she exclaimed, and he wrapped an arm around her waist, lifting her slightly off the ground.

"Salaam honeybee." He said kissing her head, and she put her hands on his face.

"I was so worried about you. I'm so glad you're safe!"

"Um, I have to tell you something."

She ignored him, pulling his arm towards the living room.

"I mean I know it was silly to worry since everything went okay, but I still was!" she leaned forward to kiss him, and once she had pulled back, he ran a hand through his hair in agitation.

"Um honey, there is something you should know. Where's Jenna?"

"I think she went back to bed. Hey where are Hud and Muhsin? Are they coming up?" she asked, and he gripped her hands in his.

"Rana, please just listen for a second. Something happened."

Her face paled, and she gripped his arm.

"What's going on?!"

"Okay, I need you not to freak out."

"Rami, you're scaring me. What is it?"

"Hud's gone."

She gasped, her hand flying to her mouth.

"No! Oh my God Rami what happened!?"

He shook his head.

"Jamaal. I don't know the details, but I had just reached my post, when all of a sudden this alarm sounded in my ear, and Muhsin's voice came in saying that they couldn't reach Hudayfah. I went back down to the car, and called Hud, and of course Jamaal answered saying that Hudayfah had broken the grounds of the deal, and everything was called off."

"What does that mean?!"

"It means not only did he take Hudayfah, but we aren't getting Emma back either. I don't know what to do Rana, I'm alone in this. There is no one to trust!"

"You aren't alone habibi. I'm here." She said, and he put an arm around her.

"Thank you beautiful." He sighed. "I don't know how to tell Je..." he trailed off as footsteps were heard on the staircase, and they both turned around as Jenna appeared.

"Oh! You're back! Alhamdulillah!" she exclaimed in relief, and when Muhsin walked into the room, she hugged her brother tightly. "I was so worried about all of you! Is Hud coming up?" she asked, and Muhsin squirmed uncomfortably.

"Um, hi Jen." He said quietly, patting her on her back, and Jenna released him.

"Well where is Hudayfah?" she asked, looking between the two men, and when no one answered, she folded her arms over her chest. "Muhsin?"

Her brother widened his eyes, looking very much like a deer caught in headlights.

"Uh, he um, Rami?" he said turning towards him, and Jenna followed suit.

"Rami, where is Hudayfah?" she asked again, and he raked a hand through his hair.

"Jen,"

She took a step forward.