Chapter 34

The next day was cold and rainy, the rain falling down in sheets outside the windows of the hotel. Rana was a basket of nerves as the parents, Sami, and some of the guests were set to arrive that day, and she was worried the rain would turn into snow and they wouldn't be able to land. When eventually it did turn into snow, she began freaking out to an extent where she had to go lay down. Luckily for her, the snow wasn't that strong, and by noon, her, Rami, Jenna and Hudayfah were in the airport near the flight schedules, waiting eagerly for everyone to arrive. .

"So what am I supposed to call your parents?" Jenna asked Hudayfah from where they sat on the plastic chairs, their hands clasped together.

"What do you mean?"

"It's not a hard question habibi. What do I call them?"

"Hmm," he said rubbing a hand over his beard, "well whatever you're comfortable with I guess."

"Give me some examples." She said leaning into him, and he tilted his head thoughtfully.

"Well I mean you could call them Mama and Baba, or Khaltu and Amu, or their actual names."

She wrinkled her nose.

"I'm not going to call them by their names."

"You could just yell out 'hey you!' then when they turn around point at them." He teased, and she scowled at him.

"You're not helping!"

"Sorry darling but I really don't know! Just call them whatever you'd like."

"Hudayfah! What would they want me to call them!?"

"I don't know darling. I'm the first kid to get married so it's not like we have a point of reference in regards to daughters and sons in law!"

"What does Rami call them?"

"Well he calls them Khaltu and Amu, but he's known them almost his whole life."

"Ugh, that doesn't help me any! Find out what I should call them!" she exclaimed, and Hudayfah laughed, bringing her hand up to kiss it.

"Fine, if it will ease your mind, I will ask."

"Thank you!" she exclaimed kissing his cheek. Just then, Rana bounded over, followed by a bored looking Rami. 

"Okay, so I just checked the flight schedule again,"

"For the twentieth time." Rami grumbled, and Rana ignored him.

"And their flights are all on time Alhamdulillah! Only twenty more minutes!" she squealed, plopping down next to Jenna. "So you remember my Aunt Dania right?" she asked, and Jenna shook her head.

"Not really. I kind of blocked out the first wedding."

"Well that's nice to know." Hudayfah said, and Jenna leaned into him.

"Sorry habibi."

"It's okay."

"Well anyways, my Aunt Dania is the cool Aunt. She was the one that we all liked to hang out with and talk with and such. She's my favorite!"

Jenna smiled, though she felt her heart beat painfully at Rana's words, thinking of her Uncle. Hudayfah, perhaps sensing her train of thought, gave her hand a light squeeze.

"So Hikmah and Hind are coming in tomorrow with their parents, and my friends from Jersey are driving up Saturday morning, and Sami is coming with Mama, Baba, Khaltu Dania and Khalo Ibrahim who are also bringing their three daughters. Rami's parents are coming with his grandparents on his dad's side, and with all of the men here, and you and Emma and Maria, I think we will have close to fifty! I'm so excited! Aren't you excited?!" she exclaimed, bouncing around to look at Rami, and he laughed.