Chapter 25

"Okay Hud. Either Rana and I get married like tomorrow, or I'm moving!" Rami threatened as he barged into Hudayfah's office, and Hudayfah laughed, looking into his friend's agitated face.

"What wrong Rami?"

"I can't be around her anymore! It's killing me!" he exclaimed, and Hudayfah shrugged.

"Then do the Nikkah. Call my parents and tell them you want to get married soon."

"Can we just do that?" Rami asked in disbelief, and Hudayfah shrugged.

"Why not? Things don't have to be complicated you know."

Rami ran a hand over his jaw thoughtfully.

"Huh. I guess you're right." He smiled cheerfully. "We will make the call tonight!"

"Good! InShaAllah!"

"Speaking of tonight, are you nervous?"

"Why would I be nervous? I'm already married to her." Hudayfah said with a laugh.

"Yes but for this wedding she actually wants to be married to you!"

Hudayfah glared at him.

"Shut up."

Rami laughed.

"I'm excited. It will be nice to forget about all the bad stuff for a while."

"You know what I realized?"

"Hmm?"

"Jenna and I have not been alone together since our first wedding night. We have always had people around us. What kind of awful honeymoon is this?"

"She knows you married her because things were going on. Its not like you decided after the wedding to wreak havoc on your lives."

Hudayfah nodded.

"I guess. But I want to do things right this time. It's like a second chance. Maybe I'll take her to Florida or something. I know we can't leave the US."

"Ask her. I think she would like to get away with you."

***

"Okay, tonight there is to be no talk about those freaky men at Hud's party, or Jamaal and his evil plots. Today," Rana paused to straighten out Jenna's veil, "is a wedding, and we are going to have fun!" she ordered, and Jenna laughed.

"Yes Ma'am!" she exclaimed cheerfully, and after rearranging the veil a few more times, Rana stepped back in satisfaction.

"Aw you look so beautiful!" she said, putting a hand over her heart, and Jenna laughed again.

"Thank you!" she said twirling around. She had gotten another wedding dress, and while it was a lot simpler than her first one, it still was beautiful. The train was only a few inches behind her, three inches tops, the bodice was beaded, and while it was strapless, she had gotten a matching jacket. The edging of her veil matched the beads on the bodice, and trailed down the length of her gown. She was wearing short, very short, she had learned her lesson at the party, heels, and all in all, she was excited. They were going to do all the things that they should have done at their first wedding.

Hudayfah was going to come in the room for a glance at her before she put on her jacket and scarf, and they had hired a photographer to take a picture of his face, and then they were going to do their wedding photos in the grand entrance of their house, before joining the rest of the party. It was like a redo for them, and she was so happy.

"So who is out there exactly?" she asked, as Rana began to line her eyes.

"Well Hudayfah's men of course, Jafar and Ali's sisters Hikmah and Hind, a few friends who live here in the city. There is a big group who came from Florida and Boston. Basically all the friends and family who live on the East Coast, and couldn't make it to your wedding in Arizona. Oh and Sami is here!"