Chapter 43

"Come in." Jamaal called as someone knocked on his office door, and as Issam stepped into the room, he blew a smoke ring towards him. "What do you want?"

Issam plopped down on the chair across from him, putting his feet up on the desk.

"Wow what a welcome."

"What do you want Issam?"

Issam shrugged, putting his hands behind his head.

"I was bored, and I haven't bothered you today, so I thought I would get it over with." He said with a grin, and Jamaal rolled his eyes.

"I don't have time for this."

"Why?"

"I'm busy."

"You're just sitting there!"

"Did you do what I asked you to?"

"It's a done deal."

Jamaal nodded.

"Good."

"So why are you in here? I would have expected you to be with Emma."

"Nah, I decided to let her get some sleep, I'll go see her later today."

"So what are you doing?"

"I'm thinking!"

"Wow I didn't know you could do that!" Issam said sarcastically, and Jamaal shook his head.

"Shut up.

 "So what are you thinking about?"

Jamaal blew a cloud into the air.

"What are my chances with Emma?"

Issam laughed.

"Are you serious!?"

Jamaal glared at him.

"Would I have asked if I wasn't serious?"

"What the hell kind of a joke is this!? Don't tell me you've gone soft?!" Issam exclaimed, and Jamaal shook his head, taking another puff.

"I haven't gone soft. Want me to prove it to you?"

Issam rolled his eyes, and snatched the cigar from his friend's grasp.

"Tough guy huh?"

"Shut up and just answer the question."

"Since when have you had your eye on Emma? What happened to Jenna?"

Jamaal waved a hand in the air.

"That was mainly just to torture Muhsin, and then to get back at Hudayfah. I never really liked the girl, how could I? I've spoken to her a handful of times. Plus, what would I do going after a married woman? I have morals you know!"

Issam laughed, extending the cigar across the desk.

"You do not you jerk!"

Jamaal grinned, taking it back from him.

"Yeah, that didn't sound like me." He put out the cigar on the ashtray that was on his desk, before he sat forward. "So that's a no then?"

"Dude, you kidnapped the girl, I'd say your chances are pretty slim! Unless you force her to marry you, I don't see any other way."

"That, is not a bad idea. You know play the whole, 'if you marry me, I won't kill your family' card."

Issam rolled his eyes.

"Have you met the girl? I guarantee you, if you tried that, she will land you in the hospital, or worse."

Jamaal chuckled.