Chapter 37

Salaam everyone! I hope all of you are enjoying the story! I just wanted to let you all know that I've seen each and every message and post, and I really appreciate it and InshaAllah I will answer when I can! I have over a hundred messages in my inbox to answer so I'm trying to get through them :) So please don't be offended if I haven't responded yet! Also, sorry for any mistakes, was too tired to edit, but I wanted to post the chapter before bed :) Enjoy what's left of the story, and stay awesome!

"Gone?! What do you mean she is gone!?" Jenna demanded, and Maria let out a sob.

"As soon we got into the store, she went off on her own!"

"Jafar let her?!" Farris asked in disbelief.

"He tried to stop her, but you know Emma how stubborn she can be. She had found a dress she liked and I guess wanted to try it on. After about a half hour when she didn't come back, Jafar said he was going to check on her, but he never returned. And I wasn't paying attention to the time, so it wasn't until an hour had passed that I realized I hadn't heard from her. But I can't find her anywhere!"

Jenna felt her heart constrict, and she shared a glance with Farris, who had a worried look on his face as well.

"Are you sure she's not in the dressing rooms trying on clothes?"

Maria nodded.

"I'm sure! I went in and looked, all the rooms are empty!"

"Did you try calling her!? Maybe she went to another part of the store and forgot to tell you?" Jenna asked, and Maria nodded.

"I called her like seventeen times, and it rings once, before going to voicemail! Jenna where is she!?"

"It's going to be fine Maria," Jenna said, trying to sound comforting and calm, though she was the furthest thing from calm.

"I'll call Hud." Farris said pulling out his phone, and Jenna nodded.

"I'll try Emma again. Maybe she just didn't have a signal?"

Maria shook her head. .

"I hope that's it!" she dabbed at her eyes with her sweater, her eyes red, and Jenna dialed Emma's number. The first few times it went straight to voicemail, but on the fourth try, to her surprise, someone answered.

"Hello?" She asked, and there was a brief silence, before a raspy male voice filled her ear.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Jenna. Or Jen as you are listed here in the contacts. What a cute nickname. It suits you love."

"Who is this!?" she demanded, her heart beating in overtime.

"Oh that's right. We haven't been properly introduced have we? You probably don't remember me from when I delivered your precious flowers." She felt her stomach sink. "But why would you pay attention to people who actually work? Hud must be spoiling you rotten."

"Where is Emma?" she asked, trying to keep her voice steady, and he made a disapproving sound.

"When you call someone, you should greet them properly when they answer the phone. Especially if you don't want your sister to get hurt."

"You wouldn't dare!"

"Oh I wouldn't?!" he laughed. "You obviously don't know me very well. Come now love, say my name."

She swallowed deeply.

"Hello Jamaal."

As she said his name, Farris let out a gasp, staring at her in horror, and Maria looked between them in confusion.